Operational Compliance Controller for CBO
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
This team’s mission is to perform the analysis and consequently the treatment of the alerts created in the tool SATURN related to the EU regulation for Transparency of Payments (AML). The tasks include the sending of SWIFT messages for order's banks, internal communication via e-mail with another departments/areas.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major responsibilities of Transparency of Payments Analyst are as follows:
- Analysis of SWIFT messages issued (Outgoing payments) or received (Incoming payments), mainly the fields 50, 59, 70 and 72
- The treatment of the alerts created in SATURN tool according with the timeline defined for these posteriori controls
- Provide in due time by SWIFT the RFI (Request For Information) received from beneficiary banks
- Fluent in English (excellent oral and written communication)
- Good knowledge of payments operations
- Ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Risk oriented profile with strong analytical and investigation skills
- Strong attention to details
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- Client oriented and high level of integrity
- Excellent team spirit
- Focus on the prevention of mistakes (by performing a double check before any action to be taken)
- Adaptability to ensure the business continuity (during lunch time, absences/holidays)
- Reactiveness to report incidents/risks/relevant matters to the managers
- Tools: SATURN, PCM, SIBES, OUTLOOK
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.