Operation Compliance Control Analyst - French Speaker
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Operational Compliance Controller is part of Level B1 team. This team’s mission is to perform Due Diligences on the alerts that have been escalated by Level A, including perform necessary investigation and provide supporting documentation. Level B-1 should provide a first advice regarding the possibility of clearing the alert and assign the alert for further review by level B-2.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Obtain all necessary information and documentation in compliance with Group policies and procedures
- Research and investigation of needed information and documents within different sources
- Contact local sites (If needed)
- If the situation is out of B1 level’s scope should be escalated to the B2 level
- Good English Level
- Fluency in French (mandatory)
- Knowledge of Payments Operations (it’s a plus)
- Previous experience in Compliance hit management (it’s a plus)
- Risk oriented with strong analytical and investigation skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Client Oriented and excellent team spirit
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and
maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.