At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responds to customer requests for technical assistance on eTimeBanker, account information, related products and services in a real time environment. Answers emails and incoming telephone calls from prospective and existing customers regarding a variety of banking related questions and concerns while maintaining the highest level of customer service.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Provides basic technical assistance to customers concerning eTimeBanker, which includes navigation, enrollment, and password reset assistance, as well as basic browser troubleshooting.
- Identifies and matches customer needs for bank products and services, gathers information, process transactions accurately and refers customers when appropriate.
- Effectively uses all applicable systems, technology and software to assist internal and external customers in a timely and proficient manner.
- Remains customer-focused while accurately answering incoming inquiries from internal and external customers. Process requests and transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures of the Telephone Banking Contact Center.
- Provides information on bank products as requested by the customer. This may include recommending alternative banking products and/or making referrals to other departments to better meet the customer’s banking needs.
- Completes maintenance as requested including address changes, combining customer profiles, check orders, stop payments, account closings and ATM card captures. Provides information on bank services including branch and ATM locations and referring the customer to other areas within the bank to meet the customer’s request (such as corporate services or branch of account.) In addition, provides detailed transaction information on debit card transactions. Blocks ATM/Debit cards on appropriate systems.
- Completes general investigation and Regulation E dispute documentation as required.
- Meets service level guidelines and production standards based on documented performance criteria for grade level and shift worked. Standard measurements include, but are not limited to, quality, accuracy, service delivery, productivity and schedule adherence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires limited job knowledge of systems and procedures.
- Follows basic work routines and standards.
- Typically does not require prior experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Computer literate.
- Banking or other financial institution experience preferred.
- Sales experience in goal –oriented environment preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer navigation skills.
- Ability to multi-task (listening to customers, typing and analyzing information) simultaneously.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, develop customer relationships, sell products and offer company services and embrace new challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively, courteously and provide the customer with accurate information.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and apply skills quickly.
- Team player.
- Adaptable to change.
- Proficient usage of the following systems:
- eTime Banking.
- Host (Fidelity) – DDA, savings, certificates of deposit and lines of credit (Goldline).
- Service delivery system.
- ACD Telephones and headsets.
- IS View.
- Microsoft Money.
- And other systems as required.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Professionalism necessary for public contact position.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-North Dakota-FargoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Customer Contact Center / Customer Service