In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
At the Core of APAC Finance & Strategy department, the COO team drives the transformations. This team, key for the CFO, ensures that appropriate solutions are established for the Finance (accounting) organization to meet its business objectives. It acts as the bridge to various departments within the BNP Paribas Group: the Business, PMO and Technology teams in APAC Region (including India offshore) and Europe (mostly Paris, and increasingly Madrid and Lisbon).
OFS is a standardized Finance platform solution promoted by BNP Paribas Group. It is made up of a set of tools and procedures, covering four reporting streams: Accounting & Regulatory, Credit Risk, Management Accounting and Performance Management, and Liquidity. The rollout to APAC is ongoing, with the pilot site live and the rest of the region to come, covering 13 countries and 51 entities, including Corporate and Institutional Banking, BNP Paribas Securities Services, and Wealth Management.
The main responsibility for this challenging but promising position is to support the OFS APAC Programme, during the build, test and parallel-run stages through the management of the “Bridge” stream. The Bridge is feeding accounting entries to OFS from the legacy GL and covers a large part of the Corporate Banking activities.
• Acting as a Business Analyst
- Understand the project objective and ensure all user requirements are properly captured
- Carry out deep dive analysis, feasibility study, assess potential impact and define target operating model
- Identify and document changes required in systems and processes
- Engage IT for system changes with necessary explanations and examples
- Engage users for process changes with trainings and SOP
- Define the testing strategy and execute it, until UAT sign off by final users.
• Acting as a Project Manager
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with all project stakeholders across different functions (PMO, IT, finance users, operation teams)
- Undertake risk analysis and proactively identify mitigating solutions
- Timely track the progress of change requests / projects against agreed timeline and budget
- Arrange smooth go-live implementation and provide post go-live support
- communicate status regularly to users and management
• Acting as a Atlas2 Bridge Expert
- Understand the Atlas2 sourcing mechanisms and follow up with evolutions
- Identify and manage Atlas2 data quality issues that will impact OFS rollout with contributing IT teams
- Compile and maintain the Atlas2 to OFS bridge mapping according to best practice
- Collaborate with central Atlas2 bridge experts to acquire the knowledge and enhance the best practices
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Business analysis related experience And / Or finance project experience in Financial Institution (5 to 8 years)
• Adequate knowledge on accounting treatment (especially on financial instruments)
• Knowledge on front-to-back operation and financial products would be an advantage
• Knowledge of financial reporting processes
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of SQL and Alteryx is a plus
• Previous experience with BNPP Atlas2/Matisse is a strong advantage
• Excited about driving change
• Strong communication skills including written and spoken English
• Able to work under stress
• Strong problem solving and logical thinking skill
• Ability to multi-task
• Collaborative worker & team player
• Well-organized, meticulous to detail, self-driven and motivated by new challenges
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Finance Graduate, CPA, CA with relevant experience in technology projects of Finance domain
• Experience in project management and PMP qualification preferred, but not necessary