BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence. The Group has one of the largest international banking networks, a presence in 72 countries and over 200 000 employees. The Group has two main business areas: Corporate & Institutional Banking and Retail Banking & Services and is recognized as a market leader in each of these areas.
Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) provides its clients with financing, advisory and capital market services. It is a globally recognized leader in many areas of expertise including among others structured financing and derivatives across a variety of asset classes. CIB also has a solid corporate advisory franchise in Europe and Asia. CIB is present in each of the Nordic countries, together with representation by Alfred Berg, Cardif, Arval, BNP Paribas Factor, BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions, Ekspres Bank, SevenDay Bank and BNP Paribas Exane.
BNP Paribas is seeking to recruit a Nordic KYC Officer - E2E& Business Group Coordinator for its Copenhagen office. In this position, you will be part of a team spread across the Nordic countries, working closely with local and international teams, including extended teams in Portugal and India. You will be primarily covering Nordic Strategic Business Groups and you will have pivotal role in the full End-To-End client onboarding and KYC recertification process. Through collaboration with all involved stakeholders, you will increase integration of KYC processes within the same Business Group by leveraging and re-using KYC elements across legal entities and enhance the customer experience during client onboarding and KYC recertification processes. This is an opportunity to gain experience from truly international organization leveraging on BNP Paribas global network.
The main tasks cover a wide range of activities with focus on the following roles:
- Manage the KYC process of client onboarding and recertification, communicating directly with client and in close collaboration with Relationship Managers and Compliance Departments.
- Coordinate the collection of all required KYC and Regulatory documents from the client after ensuring that all available information in the bank has been checked
- Ensure that the performed KYC process is in line with BNPP Group KYC policy, including identification of missing documents, performing of all necessary checks (PEPs, sanctions, adverse information) and assessments, identification of Ultimate Beneficial Owners, analysis of the information and general assessment of the client profile.
- Communicate effectively the status to the client and all stakeholders, and act as internal escalation point, when necessary.
- Monitor and control the quality of KYC related information available in the bank systems and liaise with the relevant internal counterparties, if remediation actions are required.
- Act as a Single Global Point of contact for clients, providing dedicated guidance throughout their onboarding journey
- Act as a liaison between all stakeholders in the onboarding process (ie Client, Coverage, Business lines, KYC Service Centers, Compliance, Middle-Office teams) and organize alignment meetings, as necessary
- Coordinate the collection of all required documents and information directly from the client (related to account opening, cash management set-up, etc.)
- Reduce the overall lead time of the full onboarding process by managing and avoiding bottlenecks
- Follow up the internal processes and procedures related to account opening and cash management set-up.
- Manage large scale projects (onboarding and KYC recertification of multiple entities from the same business group, prioritization of the pipeline), incl. organize & maintain an up-to-date process plan and involving/informing all involved stakeholders
- Work closely with teams from other territories in relation to KYC, account opening and cash management set-up in other locations, sharing information as necessary
- Continually seek ways to improve the end-to-end process and journey by leveraging on client feedback
In addition to the permanent role as Nordic KYC Officer - E2E& Business Group Coordinator, we want to hire someone on a 1-year fixed-term contract (which may be converted into permanent at a later point) in a similar role. Please indicate in your application if you would like to be considered only for the permanent position or the fixed-term contract – or if you are open for both types of employment contract.
What we offer:
- Positive work environment with highly competent and engaged colleagues
- Global dynamic organization that is a collaborative business place
- Access to the international network of BNPP Paribas
- On-the-job training and dedicated trainings designed by BNPP Paribas Training Academy
- Possibility to advance your expertise and boost your career
- Degree in Business, Finance or other relevant field
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably with Client Onboarding or Recertification and KYC requirements
- Experience in Project coordination / implementation is an advantage
- Experience in managing or servicing external client relationships is an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office, esp. MS Word and Excel
- Fluent in English
- Scandinavian language is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid analytical skills and strong risk awareness
- Time management, planning and organizational skills
- Proactive with focus on problem solving; propose improvements and changes
- Team player while able to work autonomously
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Ability to work under tight deadlines