BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our IT teams keep BNP Paribas Personal Finance moving in the right direction every moment of every day, without them our business simply could not evolve. Your ideas and solutions will not just help manage operations, they will transform the business and ultimately affect how every one of our functions works.
As our new Networks Manager, you will have management responsibilities for the operation and administration of the company’s data networks, load balancing and firewall infrastructure. This role covers continuity management including backups, incident management, problem management, release management, change management, availability management, vendor & supplier management.
• Smooth operation of company networks
• Manage supplier relationships to optimise billing and ensure service provision leverages the most cost effective technologies and providers.
• Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future requirements
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans relating to networks.
• Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the Head of IT Infrastructure
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts
• Establish and evolve service level agreements with business units
• Prepare RFP’s, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation for the network part of infrastructure projects and associated efforts
• Manage the team effectively across multiple sites
• Test networks in relation to systems performance and provide regular performance statistics and reporting; develop strategies and roadmaps for maintaining network infrastructure
• Manage operational costs of network; conduct near and long term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base
• Act as Incident Manager on a rota basis
• Resolve problems speedily and permanently
• Proactively monitor system to prevent failure
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Exceptional knowledge of service delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments
• Demanding but fair and inspirational leader with the desire and ability to work hard to find a win-win
• Numeric dexterity to handle budgets and calculations of ROI
• Substantial experience managing and delivering network design and operational excellence
• Hands on experience of network troubleshooting
• Knowledge of current network protocols and standards
• Ability to compel issue resolution across assorted groups within a corporate framework
• CCNA (degree level Computer Science also desirable)
• An understanding that this is a technology-dependent 24x7x364 business across 2 sites so a high level of flexibility and acceptance of working long, anti-social hours is required