In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Network Relationship Manager is a Market Specialist that has an in-depth understanding of the market infrastructure (CSD, Stock Exchange, Central Bank, etc…), regulations (investment and currency restrictions, tax rules, etc…) and constraints of the markets covered.
To ensure the best possible choice of sub-custodians and cash correspondents at the best possible costs through a process of selection, analysis, comparison, recommendation and decision making.
To ensure a regular monitoring of the quality of services provided by agents through Services Reviews (with Operations) and follow up of Issues Logs and Action plans.
To apply an appropriate standard of care through an ongoing risk assessment of the agents and/or CSDs as well as regular Due-Diligence visits (on-site visits conducted by NRM or delegated to a third party) to ensuring client’s assets are adequately protected against adverse events (financial crisis, acts of God, misconduct, errors, loss of assets).
To ensure compliance with any legal, regulatory and internal obligation (Group resolutions and guidelines) as well as with local markets rules and regulations through adequate contractual arrangements with agents and a strict appliance of Selection, ongoing Monitoring and KYC procedures.
- Being responsible and accountable for the KYC and related duties of the sub-custodians he/she covers in the role of SBO (Senior Business Officer)
To ensure that claims introduced by Operations with the agents are satisfactorily and timely settled and, if needed, ensure that the claims are addressed to the adequate levels within the agents' organization.
To ensure the smoothest assets migration in case of agent changes by establishing and monitoring a migration plan.
To contribute to a better knowledge within the organization of the securities and cash markets and their evolutions by:
- Being the “local custody” point of reference for markets where we have no direct presence
- Showing strong market expertise (regulation, infrastructures, market rules, …)
- Being the voice of the bank vs local agents / local market infrastructures
- Being involved in TAC/NAC process
- Contributing to client communication (market updates, client visits, continuous improvement letters, marketing initiatives, conferences, …)
To contribute to the continuous improvements of the quality of services received from agents, in co-operation with Operations, by negotiating operational solutions with them, adequately documented in Service Level Agreements (SLA's) updated from time to time and re-executed annually.
To contribute to the development of new products and services to clients by monitoring market changes (infrastructures and regulations) and ensuring that adequate internal procedures are in place.
To contribute to the reduction of cost by regularly re-negotiating tariffs in place with the agents.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Know client specificities, understand client needs and expectations; anticipate their requirements to realize clients’ goals
- Strive continually for Customer Satisfaction.
Team spirit & Communication skills
- Communicate efficiently in a professional manner and work collaboratively with team members and other teams and shares information openly
- Supports sharing of information, knowledge and expertise to achieve innovative solutions
- Well-developed written and verbal communicative skills supporting an ability to represent the group at senior levels within the sub-custodians organization.
Innovation and adaptability
- Think creatively and find opportunities to challenge/standardize and improve workflow to realize value to increase productivity and flexibility in the process
- Capabilities to identify the key improvements, which add value and efficiency to the process
- Always look for ways to improve services
- Be able to adapt to different markets and different clients evolution
Integrity, respect, risk monitoring & compliance
- Know, understand & follow market rules, local and global regulations and internal procedures
- Be clear about what can be done only under special conditions and with appropriate authorization
- Pay extra care to special operations
- Act with integrity in all interactions with colleagues, team members and clients
- Commit/Promise only what can be delivered by keeping the Bank’s interest in mind
- Manage expectations and honour commitments, and, commit to ethical practices in all interactions and relationships
- Treat others fairly, showing respect and courtesy. Builds trust by responding openly, genuinely & consistently to others in the team.