About the Job
- Global Network Management is a BNP function that works as a centralized business line within the Client Delivery domain, being responsible for the relationship with agent banks appointed by BNP worldwide
- The teams are currently spread across Singapore, New York, France and Luxembourg. The Network Due Diligence Analyst will join a new team in the Lisbon International Operations Center, contributing to the development of a department that will assist the Global Network Management teams in its Risk Management mission
- The global nature of this business line will provide you with wide-reaching opportunities to deal with a variety of experts and topics related to BNP’s activities and regulatory obligations
Your Main Activities Are
- Apply the appropriate standard of care through a periodic risk assessment of the agents, in response to the Bank’s regulatory obligations and in accordance with the Bank’s Third Party Risk Management framework
- Be able to prepare, execute, summarize and follow-up due diligence exercises
- Coordinate end-to-end due diligence work with internal stakeholders, SME’s and agents, including participation in remote due diligence calls
- Scope: all agents appointed by Securities Services (or Prime Solutions & Financing) worldwide (EMEA-APAC-Americas regions)
- Broadcast various questionnaires and collect responses from agents
- Collect appropriate information and assessments about concerned agents from Thomas Murray
- Analyse and challenge answers and documents provided by agents (AFME, ISAE 3402, etc.)
- Be able to conduct periodic due diligence calls with external agents (chaired by the Network Relationship Manager) to ensure client’s assets are adequately protected against adverse events (financial crisis, acts of God, regulatory decisions, misconduct, errors, loss of assets)
- Be responsible to analyse, summarize, follow-up due diligences and prepare Provider Risk Assessment files and submit them to the Network Relationship Managers for validation
- Apply internal escalation process when agent is reluctant to cooperate with our due diligence process or does not meet the bank’s expectations
- Share/Raise issues to the Network Relationship Managers or Head of Global Network Management
- Be proactive proposing improvements in the processing flows and in the procedures to improve the quality and the efficiency of the team
- Be responsible to maintain, prepare and report to stakeholders the quarterly risk scorecards
- Queries management: become familiarised with several key areas of the investment banking operations’ world and feel ready to confidently answer any questions around the due diligence process. Similarly, raise any issue or blocker with management before sending any answers that might not be in line with the initial query
- The position interfaces with international team members of BNP Paribas, other operational units & managers of the IOC, external parties, vendors and agents on a daily basis – Communicate efficiently in a professional manner and be fluent in English is a must
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Finance / Economics
- Knowledge in Compliance and Operations Processes
- Fluent in English, both written and oral are mandatory
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Attention to detail / rigor
About the Team
- The position is located in Lisbon, in a Smart Working environment that includes remote working options and a flexible benefits package
- The new Network Due Diligence Analyst will join the BP2S Portugal Network Management team, with enthusiastic and supportive colleagues working worldwide. The new team member will operate in strong collaboration with the other NDD Analysts and Team Leader, also Portugal-based, as well as with the Network Relationship Managers based in Singapore, NY, France and Luxembourg. In this department, open communication, transparency and mutual respect are as important as our laptops
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.