Mutual Fund Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider. It had assets under custody of EUR 9.4 trillion as at 31 December 2017. Backed by the strength of the BNP Paribas Group, we provide multi-asset post-trade and asset servicing solutions for buy and sell-side market participants, corporates and issuers. With local expertise in 36 countries and a global reach covering 90+ markets, our network is one of the most extensive in the industry, enabling clients to maximise their investment opportunities worldwide.
- Prepare, edit, and maintain financial reporting production schedules for internal departments and clients, ensuring adherence by all parties
- Review and/or prepare workpapers supporting mutual fund financial statements and various forms and filings with regulatory agencies
- Interact with external auditors
- Collect, analyze and execute comments from internal and client reviews
- Research and resolve complex problems
- File SEC forms such as: N-CSR, N-Q, N-PX, N-PORT, N-CEN, N-MFP and 24f-2
- Assist in establishing department policies, procedures and timelines
- Make recommendations for improvements to department processes and procedures
- Update department training materials
- Provide guidance, direction and training to new and current staff
- Provide feedback to supervisors and staff
- Complete department tracking and reporting
- Additional duties as requested or assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Two years of mutual fund reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of mutual fund industry and mutual fund accounting and reporting
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Not applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.