At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for entering loan data into departmental databases for tracking. Reviews and verifies closed loan files for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with Bank loan policies and guidelines. Works with various private or government agencies, investors and title companies, and loan customer to ensure contractual requirements are met.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and audits all exceptions to the loan file for First Mortgage and Home Equity and tracks to completion.
- Audits and reviews loans moderate to complex in nature.
- Audits Collateral Documentation for accuracy for First Mortgage and Home Equity.
- Follows up with various entities to obtain missing/incomplete loan items.
- This may include contacting private or government agencies, investors and title companies and in some cases, the loan customer
- Reviews closed loan files for completeness, accuracy, and compliance to Bank policy and procedures.
- Develops and implements processes to monitor and track file exceptions for more efficiencies, under guidance of Team Lead or department manager.
- Provides information for management reports.
- Inputs data accurately into all computer systems.
- Provides Customer service to internal and external parties in a professional manner.
- May provide assistance to team leader or manager
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work
experience or education.
3 years minimum experience.
require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work
School Diploma or GED Required
- Thorough knowledge of Bank of the West loan products,
BOTW policies, real estate terminology, mortgage loan and TRID documentation
requirements, and RESPA (remove RESPA), GNMA, FNMA and FHLMA guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of the mortgage loan process, including application, processing,
underwriting, closing, servicing, funding and documentation/investor
knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
product and service knowledge.
standard office equipment.
and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject
to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Mortgage