Mortgage and Home Equity Home Loan Pricing Support II
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
The Mortgage and Home Equity Pricing specialist is responsible for a wide variety of duties within the Pricing team. In addition to managing the daily rate sheet generation process, he/she will also take the lead in maintaining policy and procedure documents, business continuity, and audit requests ensuring that all documentation is accurate and timely. This role will assist with functions of the Pricing Desk, including providing exceptional service to our business partners. May maintain and administer product rate sheet and pricing model.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages daily rate sheet production process
- Maintains and updates policy and procedures as well as assists in creating communications regarding updates
- Owns and manages business continuity plan for mortgage and home equity pricing team
- Maintains mortgage pricing inbox, providing exceptional service and support to sales and operations
- Develop and grow strong relationships with business partners
- Develops and maintains daily/weekly/monthly market position reports
- Revises and keeps current Pricing Policy, Pricing Procedures, and Mortgage Pricing Model. Counsels management on any necessary changes and administers any changes.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience in the mortgage, banking, or financial services industry
- Customer service or sales experience, preferably in banking
- 4 years required customer service or policy documentation and development experience
- Experience with Mortgage / Home Equity Pricing preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, or Business Administration or Equivalent Work Experience
- 4 - 7 years Pricing Policy and Procedures development and maintenance or combination of pricing and customer service
- Superior customer service
- Project management
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage and/or consumer real estate products, services and sales
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage and/or consumer real estate loan underwriting, documentation, and legal/regulatory requirements
- Keen understanding of mortgage loan pricing, and financial concepts such as regulatory capital, return on equity, gain on sale, interest rate risk, credit risk, and other factors impacting the profitability of a mortgage lending decision
- Analytical and statistical skills desired but not required
- Excel VBA skills helpful but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.