Mortgage Banking Assistant Santa Ana
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Under supervision, acts a liaison between CRES Mortgage Bankers and processing, underwriting and closing units. Supports the CRES Mortgage Bankers in all technical aspects, including with documents and forms, taking loan applications, monitoring regulatory changes and working with individual loan problems. Interacts with Realtors and other external referral sources as a secondary contact for communications when the CRES Mortgage Bankers is not available. Provides marketing support for the loan originator.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support to loan originators with customers in matters pertaining to the loan origination function.
- Interviews applicants, completes quality loan applications and follows-up with customers. Demonstrates good communication and listening skills throughout the loan process. Exercises absolute integrity and confidentiality in all dealings with customers and/or prospects.
- Assists CRES Mortgage Bankers by monitoring loan status through close. Acts as a liaison between the CRES Mortgage Bankers, underwriters, processors and closing. Assist CRES Mortgage Bankers in the resolution of issues that arise pertaining to the processing and closing of the loan.
- Provides technical support and expertise to CRES Mortgage Bankers in resolving customer issues, needs or concerns to enhance timely and effective customer service and promote efficient loan closings.
- May assist CRES Mortgage Bankers with calls to potential or existing customers to develop new business or retain existing business; the preparation of presentations at branches, at real estate office sales meetings, homebuyers seminars or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business.
- Transact business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices. Consistently works in accordance to published department sales and services standards.
- Proactively communicates service and/or business issues to CRES Mortgage Bankers to ensure timely and appropriate resolution.
- Identifies opportunities to refer customers and/or potential customers to other units of the bank to provide services that meet their needs.
- Understands and keeps current on internal operations in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Assists CRES Mortgage Bankers with promotions to improve the Bank's image in the marketplace.
- Provides high level of service to all customers, both internal and external. Recognizes the loan product as part of the total customer relationship. Works to refer or cross-sell other products and services.
- Performs all duties in accordance with bank policy(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Financial products or services experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of MS Office, including, but not limited to, Windows, Word and Excel, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.