Mortgage Area Sales, Mgr II Denver
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for achieving division sales goals and objectives, cross-sell results, employee retention, customer satisfaction, productivity, profitability and company reputation in the area of first mortgages through the development and motivation of assigned team. Ensures highest quality of customer satisfaction through the audit, survey and monitoring of customer interaction with existing customer base, branch distribution network and non-bank customers. Provides business advice, support and project leadership in the application of change, service and technology.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and directs the sales and business development activities of the Mortgage Bankers directly including selection, performance management, and coaching. Assigned Areas to typically have 10-15 Mortgage Bankers.
- Oversees the development of marketing/business plans for each Mortgage Banker's designated territory. Develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales activities and production forecasts.
- Reviews and monitors pipeline report and other pertinent management information to ensure adequate commitment levels to achieve desired production volume and customer satisfaction. Holds Mortgage Bankers accountable for required performance standards and takes appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Recruit, hire and on-board new qualified Mortgage Bankers to ensure the growth of the Area per the Region Sales Manager's directive as well as maintains the team size due to attrition.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements sales strategies with RBG Regional and Area Sales Managers and other bank business partners regularly for in-network Mortgage Bankers. Establishes and maintains interactive relationships with appropriate non-bank referral sources for non-network Mortgage Bankers. Effectively communicates to all internal and external business partners to encourage future production and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Represents the Bank in the community through active participation in community events and provides leadership as appropriate in community activities, thereby raising the prominence of our Bank in the local community, as well as contributing to community growth.
- Ensures staff provides a high quality of customer service to all customers, both existing and new.
- Keeps informed of competitor's rates and loan programs, and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and rates.
- Ensure staff has been adequately trained and performs all functions in accordance with lending and bank regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA and Fair Lending Practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience in mortgage sales.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses & Certifications
- NMLS License
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage industry including sales, origination, underwriting, and regulatory requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.