Montreal Platform Head of Financial Reporting Production
• US Financial and Regulatory Reporting Head
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Montreal Platform Financial Reporting Team is responsible for the production and review of all required financial reports and ensures their correctness, consistency, and issuance. Reports in scope include the US GAAP Report, the Quarterly/Monthly Management Packages, Monthly Close, and Shareholder Reporting.
The Head of Financial Reporting Production is responsible for establishing a structure and team organization to deliver the requisite services and work products to meet financial reporting requirements across various perimeters within the U.S. The Head of Financial Reporting Production is also responsible for ensuring that the relevant governance and control framework is established and enforced.
• Manage report production teams on a day-to-day basis to produce financial statements and reports in-scope for the Montreal Platform.
• Work with financial report owners and stakeholders to define end-to-end production runbook across all reports, ensuring that all reporting activities are completed in a systematic and timely fashion, meeting pre-defined internal and external deadlines.
• Ensure 1st level control framework is established and executed, including continuous review and refinement.
• Ensure issues identified during production. are documented, communicated and escalated to stakeholders as required. Coordinate with stakeholders to determine tactical and strategic solution; following through to issue resolution.
• Ensure work papers, procedures and other relevant materials supporting report production are well documented and complete (e.g. analysis, reconciliation results and break resolution, approach changes, review and sign-off, etc.)
• Validate final output and review package produced by production teams; facilitate review with report owners and Senior Management
• Support production of other ad hoc management updates, analysis, or other research required for change management, automation, and other research / assessment effort.
• Establish structure for the department to coordinate and collaborate with other departments, stakeholders / partners to complete report production and other relevant activities such as Internal Audit, Regulatory Review, Auditor Review, automation, data quality and testing, etc.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years of financial accounting experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
• Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting tools and systems
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting, or both; Master’s degree preferred
• 5 years of Public Accounting and financial statement preparation experience
• Strong Accounting background with solid general ledger experience.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS concepts and practices
• Knowledge of FBO and IHC requirements preferred
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Control mindset with strong organization and managerial skills.
• Change management and analytical skills.
• Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.