Model Governance Lead
Hiring Manager: Manish Chakrabarti
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
BNP Paribas (“BNP Paribas” or “Group”) has established a U.S. intermediate holding company, BNP Paribas USA, Inc. (the “IHC”), over its subsidiaries in the United States and a U.S. Risk Committee to oversee BNP Paribas combined U.S. operations (“CUSO”) in accordance with Section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The IHC, the IHC’s subsidiaries, and BNP Paribas’ U.S. branches (including the BNP Paribas Fortis New York branch), agencies, and representative offices are the operating entities (“Operating Entities”) that collectively comprise BNP Paribas’ CUSO.
The role will focus on Risk Governance. The goal of this IHC work stream is to define a target-operating model, in adherence to Group level standards and applicable E.U. regulations, to support the compliance of the U.S. platform (future IHC, applicable legal entities within its scope and U.S. branches and agencies of BNP Paribas) with new requirements driven by the implementation of the EPS. More specifically the role will focus on the Model Risk Management target-operating model for the IHC.
 The U.S. Risk Committee and the IHC Board Risk Committee are comprised of the same members and will meet concurrently. For ease of reference in this Charter, these two committees shall be collectively referred to as the U.S. Risk Committee.
- Maintain a comprehensive IHC model inventory in accordance with decisions of the Model Governance Committee
- Develop and manage a tracking process and periodic reporting deliverables for core annual IHC Model Governance and Enterprise Risk Management, including model validations, annual reviews, model documentation and performance monitoring
- Maintain a holistic view of model resources across the enterprise (IHC) and help enhance the model risk management framework through ongoing initiatives and meetings with stakeholders in the first, second and third lines of defense
- Be team-oriented in supporting the Model Governance team and have a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Coordinate with the Group and head offices on model governance activities
- Interact with the members of the CUSO IHC Model Governance Committee on an ongoing basis
- Interact with the Regulatory Affairs team as necessary to report on Model Governance progress with regulatory action plans and overall Model Governance activity in response to regulatory requests
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Strong quantitative skills with an advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering)
- Knowledge of financial modeling concepts
- Experience in model risk management
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.)
- Possess a control mindset
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Bilingual : English and French
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in model risk management and/or bank risk management.
- Alternative: With an appropriate Master’s Degree 1 or more years directly related experience or PhD
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills (email, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and VBA
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.