Middle Office Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Procurement Function (at Group and Entity level) supports the Entities of BNP Paribas Group in the process of buying goods and services to get the best combination of quality, cost, risks and delivery time. Its mandate covers all the Group external expenses
With a budget of 11 billion euros, the Procurement Function of BNP Paribas Group's main tasks are to meet the needs of the businesses/entities in terms of external spending while ensuring the best cost-quality-time for the Group, optimizing these external costs and guarantee the security of the supplier relationship.
The Middle Office Group Procurement in Lisbon provides operational support services to the Lead Buyers and specifically on the Purchasing Professional Services (IT services, intellectual business services, Council, translation, accounting/portfolio valuation, among others).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Middle Office is responsible for assisting the Lead buyers in their operational activities:
Management of Professional services RFP : IT, NON IT, Back Office, Consulting
· Develop an expertise in the use of the broadcasting tool for RFP (a tool issued from internal development)
· Participate in the deployment of a new purchasing tool and become an expert of it
· Be a force of proposition on the processes or possible developments tools
· Effectively implement this expertise to provide support and advice to buyers for the conduct of their RFP all in an optimal timeframes
· Monitor the RFP process:
On the buyer side, by accompanying them (tools and processes) on requests related to our service offerings
On the internal client side, on the expression of their needs, compliance with good practices (user training, communication, upload tool support), realizing a first level of analysis of the suppliers responses in order to allow the buyers to proceed with their negotiation
On the supplier side, from the invitation to the consultation, to the recounting of their offers, and Negotiate daily rates with providers
Steering of the supplier relation management
· Contribute to the management process of the Procurement activity - trend analysis versus benchmarks, production of statistical charts and dashboards for the senior management
· Be a force of proposition on the actions to be taken following the analysis carried out, including in the presentation of dashboards and statistical tables
· Advanced written presentation skills (PowerPoint) - ability to highlight the essential elements to senior management
· Ensure the updating of the Procurement Intranet
· Administration Rights Role for accesses to tools and intranet sites
Commercial and Process Monitoring
· Be responsible of updating supplier’s administrative documents, supplier’s contacts
· Monitor and document Purchasing exceptions
· Be responsible for the Procurement compliance in the scope of the activity described above
· Perform, at first, an upstream analysis of the supplier risk of the project, to enable purchasers/buyers to refine the list of suppliers consulted
· Ensure the continuity of the middle-office
· Fluency in English and French
· Bachelor Degree
· Microsoft tools (mainly MS Excel and MS Powerpoint)
· Knowledge in Procurement/Purchasing (is a plus)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.