About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas (www.bnpparibas.com) has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking:
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutional, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
The Enterprise Data Management & Solution (EDMS) Department was created in 2015 to setup, drive and improve the way data is handled throughout the organization under the leadership of the Chief Data Officer. It is charged with providing leadership to drive the effective data risk management, compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements, and support business growth across the enterprise in the region.
The Data Governance function within EDM&S is responsible for setting up Enterprise Data Management Policies, Standards, and Procedures and providing oversight of the adoptions of these EDM Policies / Standards / Procedures throughout the enterprise. EDM&S will align data management with the Bank’s risk management framework to effectively manage the data risks incurred during the Bank’s business operations. Data Governance function
supports the Bank’s business growth and data risk management through various data initiatives.
The Senior Data Governance Analyst will report to the Head of Enterprise Data Policy Manager and will be responsible for providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to define the data management policies, standards and guidelines to ensure regulatory compliance and support business needs across the BNPP’s US entities. The incumbent will also contribute to provide oversight of implementation of EDM Policies / Standards through various governance committees / working groups and projects. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
Key Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Support the Enterprise Data Policy Manager and assist in defining and oversight of the implementation of EDM Policies, Standards, and Procedures across the enterprise
- Establish CUSO/IHC and the operating entities’ data management policies, standards, and procedures applicable to the CDO’s mandates
- Define, drive, and manage the enterprise data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities for the development of data management capabilities
- Propose and gain approval of KPIs to measure, monitor, and report the adoptions of EDM Policies and Standards by various business lines and functions
- Analyze Data Risks assessments results and develop action plans to drive adoption and compliance of EDM Policies / Standards
- Adopt / adapt required controls to properly manage data risks under CDO’s responsibilities
- Define guidelines to implement required controls associated with EDM Policies & Standards
- Establish and maintain accountability framework supporting cumulative responsibility to support attestation and certification of CUSO/IHC covered reports
- Develop training strategy and programs to increase awareness and execution of Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Participate and assist in administration of various governance committees to provide oversight on various data initiatives
- Support enterprise goals in becoming culturally data driven organization through various data initiatives
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 5 years of experience in data governance, data management, or operational risk management required
- 2 years of financial industry experience
- Knowledge of financial industry and related products focused on investment banking, corporate banking or asset management
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Broad understanding of Data Governance, Data Management Policies and Standards
- Knowledge of data governance practices related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Experience in implementing legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements into the business processes
- Ability to take an effective risk-based approach by assessing risks, mitigations, cost, benefits, etc.
- Results orientation, ability and willingness to drive operations to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information to senior leaders
- Advance Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications
Nice to have
- Ability to conduct / support working discussion in English and French
- Past legal / paralegal experience a plus
- Experience in generating or support of regulatory reports such as BCBS 239, CCAR, etc a plus
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to partner across functional teams and interact with all levels of the organizations
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete assignment with high quality and within the timeframe
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variable workload