Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank
with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000
employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional
and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their
specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate
& institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as
well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
The Global Markets Function at BNP Paribas facilitates Securities Services for Corporate and Institutional Clients. We provide Sales, Trading, Research and Strategy, FX Prime Brokerage, Local Markets coverage and Electronic Trading to a plethora of clients across the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA regions. We offer a global and cross-asset platform for securities financing through repo or prime services, for both listed and OTC clearing services and for execution of listed derivatives. We also provide our investors with access to commodities through various investment strategies and structured solutions.
MEA Assistant Manager
Business Line / Function:
Global Markets Operations
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Liaise with RMs, traders, Finance & Control and colleagues of other support units to provide high quality of service to customers.
Handle inquiries from both internal and external customers.
· Provide services to support part of Fixed income/Money markets/Forex Option products such as Inter-bank FX/MM, Commercial FX, Money Market Loan, Non-deliverable Forward, Plain-vanilla & Exotic FX Option, Dual Currency Option Investment (DCOI), Offshore-deposit, etc. on the Regional Processing of FX/MM/CND/FX Option for MEA sites.
· Perform physical input / check on manual vouchers, mail confirmation / advice, deal tickets, dealing support documents and any other paper-works prepared by team members or interfaced from other computer systems.
· Perform periodic reconciliation among the records in Front-office, Back-office and accounting system.
· Provide immediate support to the sub-ordinates (if any).
· Ensure proper filing system is in place.
· Act as back-up to other Officer level staffs among the team.
· Assist Sub team manager to clear up Order A/C, Suspense A/C and any other irregular items.
· Assist Sub team manager to provide on-the-job training to junior staff.
- Assist Sub team manager to solve operational problems and ensure smooth running and adequate backup in the section
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Perform input / modification / verification / validation in various application systems.
· Maintain necessary data files in Microsoft EXCEL / WORD or through data extraction from Business Object and etc.,
· Perform the required signature verification (if any) in the respective systems.
· Regularly control the incoming scanned documents are timely received from Satellites via E-Archival.
· Assist Sub team manager to conduct system testing / acceptance, Projects Implementation and team management.
· Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
· Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
· Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
· Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
· Minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risk of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
· Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Choose an item.
5-7 yrs. banking operational experiences
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Graduation or Post Graduate