BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The mandate of the Documentation Department is to ensure that every trade done by the FO, as well as every associated event to an existing OTC transaction that requires a confirmation, is properly confirmed with the counterparty in due time.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies and central banks).
We cover multiple asset classes that are: Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Equity Derivatives, Credit and Interest Rate Derivatives and Commodity trading (power, gas, oil, precious metals etc).
The Documentation Department is set to develop in the coming period of time by reaching the size of 9 teams with a total of approximately 80 team members.
The Matching teams are responsible for checking the integrity and accuracy of the booking and help managing the subsequent risks undertaken by the business lines.
The Matching teams’ primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the matching of electronic and paper confirmations on a variety of products (vanilla, exotics, complex structures) and asset classes (Foreign Exchange, Money Market, Credit and Interest Rates Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, precious metals and other commodities).
The Matching teams perform a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients’ confirmations. The teams are also responsible for verbal and /or written affirmation of trade details with clients before the value date or the maturity of the concerned transactions. The teams ensure that all incoming confirmations are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, legal and other relevant departments in the bank.
They are also involved in process improvements with a special focus on straight through processing (STP) and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in different regions of the world.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checking of FO booking to ensure all trades are captured in the systems and that the details are in line with documentations received from clients.
- Verify and match legal confirmations (electronic and/or physical) according to the ISDA definitions, approved confirmation templates and other relevant industry recommendations and best practices.
- Ensure a correct archival of all incoming confirmations.
- Monitor workflows to ensure incoming confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely matching of confirmations.
- Contribute to meeting regulatory confirmation execution targets.
- Identifying and solving financial and/or legal discrepancies on incoming confirmations.
- Resolving queries and exceptions where necessary, understanding the importance of effective escalation
- Timely resolve mark-ups on outstanding trade confirmations
- Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in confirmations to meet their needs
- Liaise with drafting teams, Legal, Trading and Sales to agree documentation with Counterparties
- Daily responsibility for verbally confirming trade details
- Ensure Static Data setup linked to confirmations for new / existing clients
- Review regulatory breaches to provide commentary and trend analysis (in particular DTCC exception analysis and remediation)
- Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management.
- Daily report through ORUS of the identified risk areas
- Proactively contribute to improve team effectiveness through Continuous Improvement approach
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions
- Be customer focused by maintaining excellent relationships with our external clients; understand their organisation and their expectations.
- Meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place.
- Master Degree
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication) is mandatory
- Knowledge of French is a strong advantage
- Excellent understanding of OTC derivatives including trade life cycle is a plus
- Experience of ISDA definitions and Master Agreements, EFETnet, EEX, Powernext, ICE e-confirm
- Excel Skills (intermediate)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and use a proactive approach to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Good synthesis skills
- Availability for a training period abroad (up to 3 months)
that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you
are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support
your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity
employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers.
We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated
against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or
civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief,
sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our
recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and
efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to
reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.