At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced Sr Business Analyst to provide Product Management/Business Data Analysis Expertise on an agile team in charge of expanding integrations with the Party Master Data Management solution.
Responsible for providing business analysis and oversight in support working with new data sources of Bank of the West's (the Bank) Party Master System. Performs a variety of highly complex and diverse analytical duties including source data analysis and preparation (with SQL), normalizing data to Party Master standards, working with IT to build, test and release new ETL and Service based integrations to the Informatica MDM based Party Master system. Analyzes data quality issues in the source, ensure mappings are specified to an actionable and testable level of clarity, agrees the changes with the lines of business and ensure IT delivers the business value of the change. Serves as a consultant to management. Will eventually be a lead capacity over the business analysts on the program including BA’s in the functions and the lines of business involved in the integration of party and account master data across the enterprise.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes data sources and data management processes involved in the creation and use of customer, product, securities, and account Master data.
- Partners with BA’s in the business and IT to design solutions for managing data in line with enterprise standards.
- Prepares requirements and test cases with the team and executes business test cases.
- Assists in shaping the projects needed to effectively manage MDM data.
- Acts as lead BA across the teams and trains junior BA’s to operate as Enterprise data management leaders.
- Leads the design for reporting and controls of the Master data.
- Assists in reporting progress and managing issues to conclusion.
- Assists the lines of business to maintain the data using the tools and rules developed by the MDM solutions and identify gaps to improve.
- Responsible for relaying information to the Technology team in easily understood terms for both technology and business.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Advanced skills at querying and investigating data using SQL and other analytical tools.
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise master data (customer, accounts, product, securities).
- Experience working with Enterprise Data Mastering solutions and vendors a plus (Informatica MDM highly preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of change management practices.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory issues such as CCAR, FINRA, and LCR reporting with a focus on data management issues and requirements.
- Thorough understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- An ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Bank’s loan products.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects would be beneficial for the candidate.
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (Tempe, AZ)