About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Business & Client
- Selling FX & Local Markets Rates products to Institutional and corporates clients
- Promote and roll out the bank digital offering internally and to clients
- Ascertain the clients’ needs and calibrate our systematic response (e-trade), helping the client to execute and also to monitor their portfolio of trades with FXLM
- Work in partnership with other MAST and Macro sales to deliver the whole BNPP FXLM capabilities to clients
- Understanding how clients choose counterparties for risk pricing and maximizing the chances for BNPP to see trades
- Engaging clients on our transactional and product capabilities
- Hold regular performance reviews with clients
- Promote the Group's brand, products and services to existing clients and prospects
- Data & Analytics
- Look to streamline, automate and digitize as many processes as possible targeting scalability and efficiencies
- Proactively focus on digitalization, automation and in general using data and analytics to improve the client’s journey and the bank’s ability to grow market share
- Monitor, manage and market e-trading capabilities and performance, eg hit/rates
- Use internal and external sources to continuously benchmark the team and the coverage of the client
- Collaborate, liaise and engage with e-Commenrce & Digital (eC&D) driving and implementing the electronification and digitalizations of the FXLM business
- Within the e-Commerce space focus to manage the evolution and the enhancement of the FXLM electronic platforms in conjuction with eC&D, this to increase BNP footprint, provide efficiancy to clients and the salesforce
- Stakeholder Management
- Collaborate, liaise and engage with other GBLs sharing best practices relating to efficient market access and client needs
- Communicate pro-actively with internal stakeholders, escalating issues as necessary
- Conduct and Development
- Ethical conduct and decisions are expected in the role
- A conscientious attitude to clients, work and BNPP
- Respecting fundamental risk concepts. Always consider risk in daily activities and abide by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and FXLM Principles and Guidelines
- Understand the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions and relationships
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework
- Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, products and technical skills
Profile and Skills to Success
- Minimum higher education level of Bachelor or Master Degree or overseas equivalent
- Demonstrate expertise with data analysis and visualisation skills
- Experience or familiarity with developments in Fintech are a plus
- Expert MS office proficiency (including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SharePoint)
- Preferably knowledge of a BI/Analytics tool to measure KPIs and activity (e.g. Tableau or similar)
- Preferably basic knowledge of coding principles (e.g. Python)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English (Additional European Language preferred)
- Personable with business relationship management and development skills
- A structured, methodical and organized approach to work
- Entrepreneurial, energetic, positive attitude and commercial mind-set
- Process oriented with a proven track record of meeting challenging targets
- Ability to solve a number of problems simultaneously is essential, as well as the capacity to work under considerable pressure
- Lateral thinker identifying useful information and navigating obstacles and barriers
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing environment
About the team
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks
- Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk
- FXLM offer a comprehensive suite of FX, EM Credit and EM rates products to address the full spectrum of clients investing, trading and hedging needs including research and strategy deep local markets coverage and electronic trading
- Acting as primary dealer and market maker in all key markets, it offers client services in derivatives, Hybrids and Exotics
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.