About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks. Global Markets encompasses multiple global business lines: G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
GM - Support - Sales & Trading Assistant - GM Macro
Front office Support
Business Line / Function:
FO Support - SATA
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The GM Sales and Trading Assistants (SATA) are responsible for assisting the front office in their day-to-day activities through, but not limited to proper deal capture flow, life cycle events management, controls and post trades services. SATA is expected to show initiative, flexibility, accuracy, good communication and commitment working in the front office environment. LM Flow Trading, G10 FX Forwards and Spot, Global FXO, ACE Trading, Metals Trading, Corporate Sales (APAC), Institutional Sales, Wealth Management Front Office (WMFO) and the E-Sales teams form the core support role of this team in addition to supporting other trading desks and sales teams in various APAC locations without assistants.
Contribute to day to day tasks:
- Regional Support during APAC time zone, including Japan
- Deal Capture
- Manual deal capture in front office systems ﴾SFO and FXT) and verifying deal entry against supporting documents
- Amend/cancel all option trades in front office system for sales and options trading desks.
- Amend/cancel spot/forward/swap trades in front office system for trading desks and for sales desks
- Reporting & Controls
- Ensure segregation of duties by NOT quoting prices, taking orders from client, dealing individually and entering deals into non‐permission systems
- Ensuring appropriate escalation to management as soon as an issue or fraud is identified
- Contribute to local regulatory reporting requests
- Portfolio migration or closure.
- New workflows or procedures.
- Systems testing.
- Deal Event Managements
- Exercise and expire all options in front office system within Asia time zone including confirming each exercise with counterparty. Perform a missed expiry check at the end of the day.
- Execute barriers in front office system when directed by traders and contact counterparties to confirm client barriers. Perform a missed barrier check the next day.
- Ensure clients receive notification of any option exercise or barrier triggers.
- Ensure all NDFs in front office system are fixed with the correct rate and in a timely manner
- Update of rates fixings for date schedules in front office system (SOHO) from agreed official fixing sources
- End of Day spot closing and P/L
- Snapshot of spot closing rates for Asia Close set including running End of Day spot closing for the Singapore Spot Desk.
- Pre trade services
- Setting up of new portfolios for trading desks. Co‐ordinate with various teams to ensure new portfolio creations are completed.
- Setting up of CRDS codes for clients by using MAOS. Co‐ordinate with various client onboarding teams to ensure account-opening requests are completed.
- Post trade services
- Trade recaps to clients.
- Trade term sheets to clients.
- Resolving trade discrepancies.
- Liaise with client's support or operations teams to resolve any issue
- Perform all internal and external system reconciliation checks as defined in the global procedure guidelines.
- Proper escalation if regular breaks are identified.
- Contribute to GM FX procedures and BCP plans
- Contribute in the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations related to the FXLM GBL business where SATAs are involved.
- Participate in IT related projects and market initiatives of the FXLM GBL
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- When required, a point of contact for internal departments (market risk, collateral, credit, back office, middle office, IT) within each local location.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Degree in Finance, Business or Banking
- Minimum 2-8 years of experience working in a FX related role (middle-office or front office assistant)
- Strong product knowledge in FX and FX Options
- Good understanding of market conventions, workflows and transaction life cycles to ensure a successful and smooth process
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a strong team player
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal
- Excellent attention to details and good problem solving skills
- Risk awareness and understands its impact to Front Office and Operational risk
- Strong programming or computer skills is an advantage (VBA, Python)
- Knowledge of BNPP systems would be a plus
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor; Ability to work under pressure
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Good Project Management Skill
Good Analytical Mindset
Good IT Knowledge (e.g., excel, VBA, SQL, data-analysis)
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 year
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)