Marketing Content Writer/Strategist
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The LOB Content Marketing Strategist is, first and foremost, a writer. This person has experience creating and delivering compelling written content that drives outstanding business results through engagement, leads, and revenue. S/he is a self-starter with great interpersonal skills, honed marketing instincts, is an effective collaborator across many different functional teams, and has the ability to work with a team of FTE and/or contractors. This person must be a strategic and data-driven producer, with an understanding that data is the currency of digital transformation.
The Content Marketing Strategist is ultimately responsible for developing and executing content with the goal of attracting, educating, and converting prospects into customers. S/he will produce and manage content creation and delivery across blog posts and white papers, webinars, infographics, podcasts, and videos. This person reports into the Managing Editor of Content Marketing, and works with him/her, the LOB Heads of Content Marketing, the LOB MarComm leads, the Head of Earned Media, and the LOB partners to help define the personas, strategies, programs, and assets that will drive the business. In addition to writing chops, this position requires a deep understanding of the business lines, marketing skills, excellence in multimedia asset creation, and a team player attitude.
- Develop stories and content that drive leads, build awareness and increase engagement
- Help transform the Bank of the West blog into a best-in-class brand publication
- Work closely with content marketing/earned media team and business partners to gather information about critical topics and priorities, and develop content to drive those priorities
- Share ideas and build consensus with teams across Earned Media, Marketing, Communications and LOB
- Work across teams, including Digital Acquisition, Social Media, and LOB
- Think beyond the firewall to earned distribution channels, and work with Head of Content Marketing and Digital Acquisition to help set that strategy
- Help manage the editorial calendar
- Ensure that all content is on brand, tone and voice, and search engine optimized
- Drive continuous improvement to make Bank of the West content best-in-class for the industry
- Track and report success metrics
- Provide occasional internal communication consulting to business unit leadership team and business partners.
- Provide occasional internal communication consulting to LOB leadership, including crisis and reputation management
- Strong project management background with proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a B2B content marketing role
- 10 years of experience in executive and marketing communications for internal and external audiences
- Multimedia asset production experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills (experience with finance or B2B-focused content a plus)
- Deep knowledge of SEO and social media best practices, and their implementation
- A track record of high-impact success
- An understanding of how (and why) to measure the success of your work
- Ability to handle fluid priorities and projects as needed
- Strategic communications planning experience
- Experience with WordPress, Content Marketing Systems, & social media technology a plus.
- A self-starter attitude, prioritizing and exceeding expectations with minimal oversight
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.