BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
· Active part of a team working towards a common goal, following procedures and work organisation
· Deal with several departments and interact with different BP2S activities, allowing for the opportunity to expand the knowledge of all team members
· Controls and procedures
· Set up and update clients’ accounts
· Check internal procedures database and market updates and act in accordance with its specificities
· Update the operational procedures
· Check and perform technical and/or administrative operations
· Request information from BP2S clients
· Manage setup, processing and validation of operations
· Receive clients’ instructions, monitor and analyse data, validate and send instructions (when applicable)
· Ensure payments are received and processed (when applicable)
· Perform controls and analyse requirements
· Perform daily operational controls and ensure the follow-up and updating of operational procedures
· Analyse and integrate missing data in the system and match criteria
· Compare data from different sources and ensure reliability
· Obtain and update information in appropriate tools
· Forward request to the respective department for processing
· Manage email inboxes
· Ensure that exceptions are escalated and properly reviewed, researched, documented and solved
· Extract reports
· Gather information and figures from the different operations and procedures, and report them to support the decision process
· Set out statistics from the activity
· Follow up on clients’ instructions
· Ensure that clients’ queries (internal and external) are dealt with in a timely and adequate manner
· Check, analyse and escalate errors
· Provide and/or disseminate information to the Account Manager and propose solutions in order to improve client satisfaction
· Respect the norms and standards of BNP Paribas Securities Services
· Perform tasks and/or participate in projects needed for the efficient achievement of BNP Paribas Securities Services objectives
· Education: Economics, Management, Accounting or similar (as preferred options)
· Required level of education: Master Degree
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.