BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guarantee the acquisition of knowledge:
- Seek to develop transversal knowledge ranging from account opening, client standing instruction / Reporting requirements, settlement process flow, accounting roots and understand the link between different teams within the custody department
- Seek to develop deep understanding of tools and their functionalities like Neolink, NCS, ISISET and Reflection
- Guarantee the Management of Branches’ Queries:
- Respond to Branches’ queries within the SLA commitment delay
Guarantee that responses provided are clear and comprehensive
- Keep Spoke´s Account Managers (AM) informed of investigations on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to the Service Quality Improvement:
- Based on the client queries, Identify and flag system, product, sub custodian or internal procedure improvement needs to the line manager
- Describe the improvement need and propose a solution (although it’s not mandatory) for further follow up
- Identify, flag and classify avoidable queries;
- Contribute to the knowledge consolidation of Spokes AM by preparing frequently asked questions, etc.
- Contribute to the Management of Operational Risk:
- Propose procedure and control improvements
Update internal procedures on an ongoing basis
Escalate urgent/risky queries to Supervisor or manager
- Analyse the full corporate event (in scope) in order to anticipate any reporting or processing issues and address them on proactive basis
- Contribute to the Efficiency of the Communication within teams:
- Pro-actively bring clarification to Spokes on complex Corporate Actions
- Guarantee a full back up management
Collaborate with the Lisbon and/or Paris teams
Share technical knowledge with Paris and Lisbon locations
Participate in the training of newcomers
- Collaborate with the Set Up, Processing and Instruction Management Teams
- Contribute to the Payments Backlog by performing Quick Kills:
- Identify, on queries received, tasks that can be processed immediately enabling quick resolution of client query
- Execute the required task to release/regularize client´s payment
Advise the related processing team on the task resolution
- Good understanding of Financial markets; knowledge on the market intermediaries would be ideal but not mandatory
- Good knowledge of corporate actions related to various instrument types
- Able to clearly understand and envisage the SWIFT messages (MT564, MT565, MT567, MT568, MT599 etc)
- Expertise in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.