In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The mission of RISK Global Markets (“RISK GM”) is to provide Senior Management of the Group, of the RISK Function and of Global Markets with full transparency and dynamic analysis of the Market, counterparty, valuation and liquidity risks managed by CIB Global Markets.
Risk Global Markets key missions are:
• Ensure high quality day-to-day management of all the market, counterparty and liquidity risks of GM.
• Anticipate on events and identify emerging risks.
• Advise Global Markets in a business minded but independent way on the quality of their risk taking and management.
• Help Global Markets Management assess and adjust their risk profile in line with their objectives and constraints.
• Make the risks of GM portfolios as transparent as possible and advise GM Management in order to help them make informed decisions.
• Ensure the Bank complies with the existing regulatory requirements at all times, and anticipate on the upcoming ones.
The position available within the North Asia RISK GM team will be within the HK market risk team (team of 5) and the analyst will contribute to the coverage of the Credit and Equity derivatives trading activities in APAC, with an initial focus on EQD activities.
Scope: Equity Derivative, Credit Trading
• Market risk analysis and closely monitoring of the relevant financial markets
• Ensure the compliance of covered business lines with their allocated market risk limits.
• Regular analysis of positions, proper identification and monitoring of the risks borne by the trading books.
• Contribute to the valuation of BNP Paribas books for the covered activities at month end.
• Analyze and measure any market risks, with all types of tools, like VaR, or stress testing and report the main findings through the appropriate channels of communications.
• Developing to use experience for proactive risk management and more anticipatory analysis
The candidate will be in direct contact with FO trading, participating to meetings and managing the relationship with Trading on a day to day basis. The candidate will also naturally work with a variety of team within RISK and outside of RISK such as TRS, S&R, V&RC, Finance, MO.
• EQD GBL SPOC: be the GBL single point of contact for all FO and diverse requests.
- Prioritize requests and involve other team members accordingly.
- Work closely with Junior on easing their onboarding by providing training and knowledge sharing.
• Risk Analysis: Identify, analyze and monitor market and liquidity risks on the perimeter.
- Measure and monitor these risks, develop monitoring tools, and report to Business and Senior Management
- Pro-actively assess positions, analyze large P/L events and identify/quantify new risks.
- Participate in developing tools for the limit framework/monitoring. Assist in the definition, review and implementation of limits and ensure they are well monitored and reported in systems.
- Build a solid understanding of main business risks. Create tools to help develop intuition for what are the main risks and their drivers, as well as how to address them.
• Risk Anticipation: Develop analysis on their respective perimeter in order to innovate and identify emerging risks
• New Trades/ Activity approvals: Participate in the definition and assessment of the risk management framework for new trades/products/activities through contribution and/or attendance to decision-making process, in particular ETs, TACs, and NACs.
• Review and approval of valuation and official risk management models and methodologies this includes MAP, FVA/PVA methodologies.
• Stress Testing:
- Develop, compute and analyze market and liquidity stress-test scenarios.
- Regularly review and update stress testing scenarios.
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulations in the risk area
• Ensure good coordination on global project with the region (HK) and the central teams in London
• Innovation: participate to our global innovation and transformation effort by suggesting/implementing improvement of our tools and working methodologies and introducing new digital technologies in our day to day.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 3Y+ of experience in market risk and good understanding of counterparty and liquidity risks.
• Experience in Equity or Credit markets is a plus
• Solid computational skills required (R/Python, Excel, Access, VBA)
• The candidate should have a solid quantitative background with ideally a previous experience in a quantitative environment through a technical role (e.g. through market risk, counterparty risk).
• Excellent knowledge of derivatives, ideally across multiple asset classes.
• Ability to react quickly but precisely in high pressure trading situations with Front Office interactions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to further build the business / risk relationship and to clearly and concisely report the risk in a jargon-free way.
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: RISKSEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Critical thinking, Communication skills - oral & written, Ability to deliver / Results drivenTransversal competency: Analytical Ability