Market Intelligence Trainee
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
The CIB Market Intelligence team is part of CIB Strategy, whose main mandate is to support the CIB Top Management through strategic missions and projects.
The CIB Market Intelligence team aims to provide the CIB Top Management with strategic analyses, more specifically focused on benchmarking CIB competitors’ performances and CIB industry key trends.
For each CIB Competitor: analysis of revenues, market share, Cost to Income, return of equity, etc.
- At the industry level: past key trends, revenues pool, sector profitability, US and European banks, outlook, and disruptive trends (technology, regulatory, etc.)
Within the CIB Market Intelligence team, the intern is in charge of understanding the tasks done by the team, implementing continuous improvement actions, assisting the Head of CIB Market Intelligence (reporting, organization, etc.), and providing the team with light support when needed.
Role and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of CIB Market Intelligence based in Lisbon and will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Continuous improvement: the intern will be in charge of developing a global understanding of the tasks done by the team in order to identify inefficiencies and implement corrective actions with the Head of CIB Market Intelligence.
- Management support: help the Head of CIB Market Intelligence in her/his management duties (reporting, team events, organization, administration, etc.).
- Team support: help the team when needed, to learn basic tasks progressively and be more comfortable about the Market intelligence knowledge.
- Availability to work full time for the duration of 12 months and start date of early 2020
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.