Market Intelligence Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within CIB Strategy, the CIB Market Intelligence team aims to provide the CIB Top Management with strategic analyses, more specifically focused on benchmarking CIB competitors’ performances and CIB industry key trends.
For each CIB Competitor: analysis of revenues, market share, Cost to Income, return of equity, etc.
- At the industry level: past key trends, outlook, and disruptive trends (technology, regulatory, etc.)
Within the CIB Market Intelligence team, the Analyst is in charge of collecting and analysing financial data from several sources in order to be able to analyse CIB peers’ performances, as well as identifying and reporting the key messages.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of CIB Market Intelligence based in Lisbon and will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Information search: the analyst is in charge of finding the relevant information among peers’ financial reports, press releases, financial news and will also have to use databases from external providers.
- Data input/analysis: ensure that financial data is inputted in a timely, accurate and complete manner, in line with the methodology defined.
- Qualitative synthesis: understand and identify the main trends and messages coming out of the quantitative data analysis and other information sources in order to prepare high-quality presentations and written reports within demanding timeframes for the CIB Top Management.
- Community: support the animation of a large ecosystem through regular steering committees and informal meetings. The analysts interact with other Market Intelligence and Strategy teams as well as with the other key partners (Finance, Chief of Staff Offices, etc.).
- Project: take part in punctual projects/missions related to Market Intelligence and Strategy.
Bachelor’s degree in business/economics/finance or Engineering (having a master would be a plus)
2 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant area (Strategy, Audit/finance, Performance Management, Consulting)
Fluency in English is mandatory (notions of French would be appreciated)
Proficiency in MS Excel and Power Point
Comfortable working with complex databases
Genuine team-player with good team spirit
Natural curiosity and willingness to learn
Rigor and attention to details
Analytical and summary skills
Ability to work in a challenging environment and under pressure
Comfortable with figures and financial calculation
Comfortable with writing insightful and concise documents
Understanding of the CIB banking industry and/or financial markets
Notions in banking accounting would be appreciated
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.