Manager - Transaction
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
- Mid Management Level position to help create and manage a department producing and controlling booking activities for Fund Accounting purposes.
- Establishment and ensuring robust functioning of a department that is expected to grow.
- He / She will be expected to build the team, get them trained and run the department on a day to day basis
- Closely working with the Head of Section to integrate the new services in to the hub model.
- Will be responsible for implementation of the any strategic changes and improvements decided by location, project management groups and head of department.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of markets and products, respect & adhere the applicable procedures for each market.
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved within the agreed timelines.
- Ensure all the transactions are processed and approved within the timelines.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the
- Business group.
- Ensure all the documentation is in place w.r.t Risk mitigation and Control.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Manage staff to take corrective measures/actions.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Delegating the tasks to the assistant managers and other team members.
- Ensure all the necessary training is been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai Hub.
- Ensure all the KOP/SOP are got approved and signed between the locations
Collating the data from all the applications and providing valuable inputs to Senior Management.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Monthly Team meetings and regular one on ones with one down.
- Keep a track on team motivation level and appreciate wherever required. Ensure due R&R done on time.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to have effective governance and data in place to tackle, ERS & BCP situations, conflict management and short staffing issues.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated
- Deliver very high quality results
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good listening and questioning ability
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in an organized manner
- Must have an attention to detail
- Generate creative solutions to problems
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution
- Strong English skills are a must. Ability to converse in English clearly with internal and external staff.
- Strong verbal and written English Communication Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or MBA (Finance), or Accountancy qualification
- Minimum of 5-6 years Fund Services experience is must, with NAV exposure
- Previous direct management of other staff for at least 2-3 years is required.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS-Word, MS-Visio & Excel skills required.
- Strong awareness of Risk & Control.
- Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours.
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Ability to manage a project
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Master Degree or equivalent