Manager - Remittances ARPC
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Asia Regional Processing Centre(ARPC) within ISPL is part of CIB operations. Functions handled within the unit is Remittances, Investigations-Remittances, Loans Processing, Cheque Clearing and Cheque Collections for APAC and MEA sites.
Business Line / Function:
Head of Remittances
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Demonstrate strong leadership responsibility across platforms through collaboration and build strong relationship with various stakeholders whilst servicing our clients. Demonstrate seamless co-ordination through proper and timely communication.
To ensure processing of Remittances for BNPP-Asia WITH THE OBJECTIVE to facilitate smooth functioning of operations while meeting the Operations Objectives of BNPPISPL for all the sites handled .
1. Operations MANAGEMENT: Supervise processing of remittances for APAC sites and to ensure that they are accurate, as per the prescribed service delivery standards and as per the SLA with the sites.
2. OPERATIONS RISK MANAGEMENT: Perform regular reconciliation and maintain control over outstanding and unreconciled entries. Update control plans and perform controls to mitigate risk related areas in operations.
3. COMPLIANCE: Ensure adherence to internal guidelines, compliance, legal and regulatory aspects. Screening of customer transactions
4. LEADERSHIP: Demonstrate strong leadership responsibility across platforms through collaboration and build strong relationship with various stakeholders whilst servicing our clients. Demonstrate seamless co-ordination through proper and timely communication.
1.OPC: Contribute to the Operations Permanent Control framework
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Processing as per client specific requirements. Assist in resolving customer queries.
3. INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Preparation and submission of MIS and reports to management as and when required.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge on various remittances products.
· Knowledge on various Cross Border Payment Products
· Knowledge of Banking Law and Practice
· Internal Accounting Systems and Packages
· Familiarity with computer applications, MS-Office, Business Objects etc.
· Familiarity with Banking Back Office Operations, Processes and Systems.
· Knowledge on various regulations connected with Banking Operations
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Good Communication Skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Orientation towards Service Quality
· Ability to work independently
· Team work
Specific Qualifications (if required)
5+ years, Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Bcom / Any other graduate