The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of Performance Management.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The 3 main missions are:
• Supervise and manage a team of 8-10 people divided into areas of product or business line specialization.
• To ensure delivery of all financial data in a timely manner and in accordance with quality and granularity expectations in place.
• To support the Customer Services Teams (CST) of our affiliate partner, which includes:
- Production of assigned categories of reports – including Financial Reports, Key Process Indicator (KPI) reporting, and Corporate reporting on a regular basis.
- Support and provide explanation on financials.
- Participate in regular Budget & Forecast activities
- Continuous monitoring of Financial reporting environment to identify and assess changes
- Provide an ad-hoc analysis or project support when needed.
• Coordinate and supervise the tasks of managed personnel and ensure that the team always has the correct level of information and skillset to perform their activities.
• Conduct performance review for each team members along the year.
• Ensure that cross training and operational back-up is in place for the most critical tasks.
• Ensure that the operational procedures are updated and reviewed on yearly basis.
• Allocate workload to teams, including the intake and expectations for ad-hoc requests.
• Serve as point of escalation for issues and prioritization.
From a production and project perspective:
• Ensure that all controls are in place, figures are reconciled and consistent between them.
• Be in charge of development, produce, maintain and optimize our models/tools in order to optimize the process within a time constrain.
• Oversee the monthly reporting for CST of our affiliate partner and enforce applicable controls :
- In line with relevant and applicable instructions and requirements.
- Within the deadlines agreed and accepted with the CST
• Perform accuracy validation checks / High-level reviews on reports published on a periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, etc.) basis, challenge figures and descriptions of variance, ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of the information reported.
• Guide development and maintenance of reporting templates.
• Coordinate team support for budget and forecast activities in accordance to process outlined by FP&A of our affiliate partner.
• Develop as a reference resource and propagate team guidance on :
- Business evolution and/or products that could influence our reporting.
- Performance management toolset (e.g Hyperion / OBIEE, etc.).
- Norms or requirements that could influence our reporting.
• Take accountability for efforts to ensure the control and integrity of data populating the tools and reporting.
• Establish and enforce standards for procedures related to performance management reporting.
• Assist management with presentations on the team, projects and KPIs.
• Lead the projects related to reporting, systems improvement/implementation and efficiencies.
Operational projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
• Lead team involvement in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements.
• Drive identification of operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
• Observe the bank and our affiliate partner’s policies and procedures.
• Ensure continuity of service in respect to employee staffing, training, PTO, leave-of-absence, etc.
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Administration from reputable university.
• Minimum 7 to 9 years of Performance Management, with personnel management experience, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Strong practical working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts; knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of retail and commercial financial products; income and expense lines.
• Core Excel skills (including pivot tables, macros and most common Excel functions).
• Experience with Oracle, Hyperion & Essbase financial planning tools.
• Advanced MS PowerPoint and ability to represent and convey complex concepts.
• Demonstrated experience in directing and motivating a diverse team to exceed expectations in an environment of evolving structure and maturity.
• Track record of developing key relationships across cultural and geographic borders with subordinates, peers, and management.
• Project management skills.
• Fluency in English and French.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Ability to synthesize urgent requests into logical, implementable plans that will enable staff to provide services in alignment with quality and timeline expectations.
• Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail is highly desired.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including senior executives, managers and subject matter experts.
• Commitment, rigorous in job performance and flexible in order to commit to deadlines set within an international environment.
• Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
• Ability to deal with changes, ambiguity, and uncertainty.
• Able to manage multiple projects, and effectively prioritize workload when dealing with multiple deadlines.
• Passion and ability to optimise the process.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.