Manager - Third Party Risk Assessment - PCoE - Chennai
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Third Party Risk management Office is responsible for identifying and assessing risks relating to the operational and business management processes of BNP Paribas. This includes policy, governance, risk management, reporting and ownership of the Third Party Risk Management Tool
Business Line / Function:
Head of Procurement CoE
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
This role will be responsible for supporting the Third Part Risk Management Office in identifying and evaluating potential/recognized risks related to operational, business administration, and third party endeavors, engaging business areas to raise awareness and recommend measures to prevent loss and mitigate exposure, and developing analytics and reporting for senior management.
· Perform reconciliations (excel based) between the Third Party Risk Management tool database and other systems/ data sources at BNPP (includes: vendor payment system, management consulting system, Affiliates, Business Impact Analysis)
· Perform monthly reconciliation of data captured in various reports extracted from the Third Party Risk Management tool, which will be required for monthly reporting/ MIS purposes.
· Periodic reporting of TP performance metrics/ MIS (monthly) and other Group level metrics (monthly/ quarterly)
· Monitor TP performance metrics, periodic reviews and follow up on business participation
· Updating existing dashboards used for ongoing monitoring of vendors (includes: initiation of private solicitations for financial viability reviews performed by a third party)
· Analysis of ongoing monitoring alerts and recommending necessary subsequent action/ escalation
· Daily updating of the Due Diligence and Action Plan trackers and reporting them to the onshore team
· Perform periodic follow up of outstanding Due Diligence programs with external suppliers as well as internal Relationship Managers.
· Perform periodic follow up of outstanding Action Plans with external suppliers as well as internal Relationship Managers.
· Perform vigilance/ watch list check for all new suppliers’ on boarded as well as recertification’s.
· Periodically updating the setup data in the Third Party Risk Management tool in order to be aligned with BNPP Group policies.
· Adhoc uploads of suppliers/ program enrollments/ etc. to the Third Party Risk Management tool (need only basis).
· Update/ document relevant TPRM policies and procedures
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills including vlookup, macros, etc.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Project
· Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
· Experience with a multicultural environment
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Candidate must be able to evaluate the services provided by vendors
· Organizational skills to timely review vendor performances and risks
- Demonstrate excellent relationship management and conflict management capabilities in order to guide the client/vendor relationship through such experiences
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years