The Manager, OTC Derivatives, role is a key position in the AFS Middle Office function. OTC Derivatives is responsible for the delivery of Trade Affirmation and Confirmation, Transaction Capture, Cashflow Management, Valuation and Regulatory Reporting.
This role operates collegiately across the operational business lines and is responsible for leading the OTC Derivatives service (onshore and offshore), risk and controls, project implementation, issue management and strategic direction of the services provided to clients. This is a key role in strengthening our client service culture within the division, ensuring our clients value BNP Paribas as partners.
- Provide OTC expertise and leadership for the Australian Middle Office team.
- Responsible for the delivery of the OTC Derivatives Services to our clients, ensuring the following key processes meet SLA; trade affirmation and confirmation, transaction booking and static data, cashflow management, valuations captured accurately, control reconciliations and regulatory reporting.
- Oversight of the OTC functions in the three hubs (Chennai, Warsaw and King of Prussia) servicing Australia and be the local based process owner.
- Maintain and tightly monitor the risk and control framework for OTC Derivatives, including controls review and testing, operating procedures are of a high quality, incident management, audits and management of the escalation of issues with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Progress the evolution of the OTC operating model to the global and highest standard of service. This includes driving change and represent OTC Derivatives Australia in global change projects, client onboardings etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with counterparts at clients, with key market participants and internally with global OTC Derivatives and locally across business stakeholders. Including Product, IT&C, Risk and Compliance and Client Services.
- Provide support on the development of new business and the servicing of new OTC Derivative products.
Competencies (Technical & Behavioral)
Proven change management experience, preferable in OTC Derivatives
Develop and execute strategies to strength operational processes
Drive a focus on the customer, quality and technical expertise in OTC Derivatives
Technical knowledge of OTC Derivatives, ability to be hands on with functions in resolving issues, problems and capitalizing on opportunities.
Effective communicator across all levels of the organization and with clients
Ability oversight and manage offshore relationships
Specific Qualifications Required
Degree education – preferable commerce and finance.
5 years + experience with OTC Derivatives, spanning across the end to end service model of confirmation, booking, valuation and regulatory reporting.
Primary Location: AU-NSW-SydneyJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Other Degrees / Certifications / Vocational, Technical or Professional QualificationsExperience Level: At least 5 years
Behavioural competency: Communication skills - oral & writtenTransversal competency: Ability to manage a project