About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function:
Within BNP Paribas, Group Functions are responsible for activities at the Group level (for example, Group Finance or Group Risk management).
Functions OPS is part of BNP Paribas Group IT and is responsible for supporting the IT production environments and activities for the Group Functions.
Function OPS activities are critical and highly visible. Around 250 applications and 4000 servers are under Functions OPS responsibility.
Functions OPS has a roadmap to ensure production security & stability, reduce time-to-market by using the most advanced technologies and integrate functional application support to provide full applications production & support services.
Therefore, Functions OPS is hiring experienced IT professionals who are open minded, willing to learn and to be part of the transformation roadmap.
Application Production Support Manager
Business Line / Function:
ISPL ITG OPS
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The main responsibility of Functions OPS organization is to provide applications production support services.
A team is setup in India to be closer to the application development teams with which we are working. We also want to deploy outside of France to meet the Group Functions worldwide needs.
Leveraging BNP Paribas Paris teams’ expertise and ISPL IT skills, the goal is to enable applications flawless production by providing secure and stable environments and by ensuring that all actions on production environments are done in a controlled manner.
The Application Production Support team member for the Functions OPS team will be primarily responsible for following activities:
- Application Incident Management
- Application Request Fulfilment
- Application Change implementation
The team’s scope will be expanded in the future beyond the first set of described activities. The team is also expected to work closely with their Paris colleagues to integrate new technologies, especially related to the new generation BNP Paribas cloud and DevOps methods & toolchains.
- Manage a team of 17 people
- For a predefined applications scope take care of:
- Ensure that SLA targets are met for above activities
- Handover to Paris teams if knowledge and skills are not available in ISPL
- Coordinate closely with Paris OPS teams and also all other BNP Paribas IT teams (Incident coordination, Security, Infrastructure, Development teams, etc.)
- Contribute to the knowledge transfer with Paris OPS teams
- Contribute to the definition of procedures and processes necessary for the team
- Help build team spirit and integrate into BNP Paribas culture
- Contribute to incidents analysis and associated problem management
- Contribute to the regular activity reporting and KPI calculation
- Contribute to continuous improvement actions, especially the lessons learned from handovers to Paris
- Contribute to the acquisition by ISPL team of new skills & knowledge to expand its scope
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Knowledge of ITIL
- General IT infrastructure knowledge
- Knowledge of IT production backup and resilience setup (High Availability setup, Disaster Recovery Plan, etc.)
- Particular knowledge and experience with RedHat Linux, Windows, AIX, WAS, CFT and MQ Series
- Experience with system scripting
- Experience with Service Now ticketing system
- Familiarity with Autosys
- Familiarity with database technology is required: Oracle and SQL Server. Capability to execute basic scripts and queries
- Familiarity with DevOps tools including Ansible & Python
- Good written and spoken English
- Measure and identify areas for improving Quality and overall Delivery
- Able to communicate efficiently
- Good Team Player
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Ability to share / pass on knowledge
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)