Manager - GTFO IT project support team
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Trade Finance Operations is responsible for the Back Office Operations on Documentary Trade and Guarantees Operations for the BNPP branches.
Manager/Assistant Vice president
23rd Jan 2020
GTFO IT project support
Business Line / Function:
CIB/ Global Trade Finance Operations Line
Head GTFO IT project support team
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
The platform supports 18 countries across globe with standard trade applications. Several trade and transverse applications with different instances are used. The team is incharge of the business requirements definition for the evolving trade environment and performing functional UATS on the delivery of enhancements/corrections and new deployment of a tool.
Automation/digitalization is also supported/driven thr’ this team
Managing/leading Trade Applications deployment/enhancement projects for Trade Operations platform.
- Contribute to project planning for deployments.
- Acting as Single Point of Contact between GTFO-Back Office users and IT.
- Building of comprehensive Test Case Book.
- Functional testing on UAT Environments on timely manner.
- Liaise with IT on corrections/fixes
- Preparation of Knowledge Transfer Document and training the end users on new features
- Coordinate for preparedness from Operations perspective to Sign-Off
- Post care – Monitoring
Special focus on OCR related projects for Trade Operations platform.
For said project, additionally responsible for:
- Valuating RFP responses focusing on user experience.
- Analyzing operational impact.
- Timely identification and addressal of possible underlying risk.
Identify potential Digitalization/Automation opportunities with focus on efficiency gains and risk mitigation. Responsibilities include
- Review the current challenges of the platform thr’ governance committees, KPIs, controls, incidents and propose solutions
- Documentation of User requirements in coordination with business users
- Support automation initiatives by the Supplier
- Prioritize basis the impacts/benefits and track the deliveries thr’ appropriate governance.
- Act as advisory to Internal Teams on existing Application functionalities to support business imperatives.
- Support Organizational projects (Off-shoring, Optimization) from application point of view.
- Coordinate /Support to IT Infrastructure projects/changes on behalf of the platform.
- Coordinate/Support to IT security audits/requirements on behalf of the platform.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
The previous position of the candidate should have enabled him/her to develop the following technical skills:
- 5-6 years of trade finance Back Office operations
- 5-7 years of Business Analysis experience and having led Application projects in previous organization from functional/business perspective.
- 2-5 year of OCR project management experience.
- Strong communication skills with good level of written/Spoken English
- Good knowledge of MS office tools (Excel, Word, PPT and Visio)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment and in a team;
- Autonomy and pro-activity;
- Good Synthesis capabilities
- Professionalism: resolution of problems, quality oriented, respect of the commitments;
- Capacity to assist his/her colleagues, internal customers and his management.
- Attention to detail/ Good analytical skills
- Innovative thinking
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Certification on Project Mgmt preferable.