The Account Management team is dedicated to providing a premier level of service to the 3rd Party Asset Manager (3PAM) relationships of BNP Paribas Securities Services. The 3PAM Clients that we deal with are appointed by our contracted Master Custody Clients.
The provision of outsourced solutions to both global and domestic 3PAM’s is one of BNP Paribas Securities Services primary target market segments. 3PAM’s are recognised as being key influencers in the market providing feedback to our current clients with respect to existing service levels, to potential clients as a point of reference and to the industry in general through their responses to industry wide surveys and conferences.
The Account Management team is responsible for all aspects of service delivery and relationship building for our 3PAM Clients. This broadly covers all portfolio cash and securities reporting (including any customised reporting), reporting of failed and settled transactions, overseeing all cash and securities related transaction processing (and the subsequent settlement of these transactions through our agent bank network) and the key point of contact for enquires (fails, corporate events, income, accounting enquiries etc.).
All non-custody related transactional flow and query management are managed through the Middle-office Services team.
Direct GC Clients:
The Account Management team is dedicated to providing a premier level of service to the clearing & custody clients of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). Clients include the 3rd party Asset Managers of BP2S Sydney’s clients, utilising its global custodian network, as well as the broker/dealer client segment.
The provision of global custody solutions to clients is one of BNP Paribas Securities Services primary target market segments. Global custodians are recognised as being key distributors of global market knowledge and subject matter expertise across settlements and associated corporate events.
The GC Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of service delivery and relationship building for their allocated client base. This broadly covers all portfolio cash and securities reporting, client representation of failed and settled transactions (cash & securities) and the key point of contact for client’s account.
The role will also involve (but not limited to) the below responsibilities:
- Serve as the 1st escalation point for both internal teams as well as Clients for all 3PAM and Direct GC Client issues
- Serve as a 2IC (second on charge) when the Head of GC and LC Account Management is not in the office.
- Assist in strategic planning and implementation with the Head of GC and LC Account Management
- Involvement in project initiatives within the Global Account Management and Operations space
- Staff management of the IM Services team (Global Custody Account Management –3PAM team).
- Overarching responsibility for the client servicing of the appointed Investment Managers of our contractual clients, including service reviews, RAG reporting, etc.
- Completing quarterly service reviews and oversight responsibilities for our outsourced service providers (eg. Lisbon and US Client Windows).
The role has full accountability for the following::
- Assisting GC Account Managers with any urgent issues that they escalate to you that they need assistance resolving
- Assisting 3PAM’s and Direct GC Clients with any issues that are escalated to you. This will either involve making sure that the appropriate GC Account Manager responds with the required detail or escalating the issue further to the Head of GC and LC Account Management
- Escalating any issues that you are not able to resolve or may result in a claim to the Head of GC and LC Account Management on the day.
- Assisting the Head of GC and LC Account Management with strategic planning and implementation of changes to processes or structure of the Team.
- Assisting the Head of GC and LC Account Management to monitor and track headcount requirements as new business comes on board.
- Keeping the Head of GC and LC Account Management informed of any negative or positive feedback received from clients on the service being provided by the individuals in the team.
- Assisting the Head of GC and LC Account Management to identify any individual and team development/ training requirements
When the Head of GC and LC Account Management is away from the office:
- Act as 2IC coordinating coverage across both streams of the GC Account Operations when people are away sick or on annual leave
- Act as 2IC attending meetings including Client Due Diligence in place off the Head of GC and LC Account Management Act as 2IC performing any other deputy tasks to make sure the Team’s objectives are met
- Act as 2IC for any oversight functions in Chennai
Qualification / Experience
A minimum 8-12 years commercial experience in financial services and recognised as an expert in custody operations who demonstrates excellent client service.
Recognised as able to work effectively with other internal teams to improve service and resolve issues in a timely manner.
You have the ability to work cohesively and positively with colleagues and peers at all levels within the organisation. Your style is to communicate freely and openly both upwardly managing expectations and reporting on service delivery - and in assisting other Operations teams to deliver against their goals, where you can contribute.
You have experience in process improvement initiatives and projects.
You are committed to ongoing personal development and being a part of an Account Management team that supports each other and assists each other in information sharing and cross training.
Managerial Experience essential due to having to manage a team of staff responsible for the day to due management of 3pAM clients, which is a high volume, high pressure department.
Solid knowledge of Operations within domestic & global custody and related operational risk and compliance requirements of the function.
Solid product knowledge in domestic securities, their treatment and the corporate actions that stem from them.
Degree qualified in Business, Accounting, Economics or related discipline preferred
Securities Institute of Australia or other relevant Post Graduate qualifications (CA/CPA, Masters) welcomed but not essential.
Proficient in PowerPoint, Word & Excel