IT Manager-Data Engineering Delivery Lead
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking a competent hands-on Data Technology/Engineering Manager responsible for managing and driving the delivery of risk data regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical expertise in the examination and definition of objectives of existing or proposed systems and in the design of improved systems utilizing information technology
Function as end to end delivery lead, understand and analyze requirements, be involved in hands on ETL development and assist in QA/UAT process.
Assist in the development of cost and time estimates for capital budgeting plan and operational budget plan for the area.
May conduct vendor negotiations and develop contract proposals.
Manage employees directly (team sizes between 5-7).
Establish performance goals, allocate resources, assess annual performance and recommend individual merit and promotional increases.
Maintain professional contacts with other companies, research bodies and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment.
Responsible for professional development and training of team members.
- Strong Domain experience a must - Regulatory Reporting in the areas of Risk, Finance and Treasury.
- Strong knowledge of Data and proven experience in leading large data projects is a must. Experience with Big Data, a plus
- Knowledge of industry leading tools in the regulatory reporting space with large data projects.
- Strong background and experience with different types of regulatory reporting such as CCAR, FR Y-9C and 5G Liquidity Reporting
- Ability to function as a business analyst to understand and capture relevant business level detail to assist with bridging the gap between the various roles.
- Experience in leading, managing and implementing complex ETL/Data Warehouse projects.
- Experience to include data analysis, data mapping, ETL development and, testing, and database design (for operational systems, data warehouses and data marts).
- Must have large or medium scale/global banking experience
- Experience with managing vendor services and relationships.
- Experience providing functional/team management of data projects related to one or more of the following: data quality/data governance assessments, data strategy and roadmaps, integration scoping (requirements, design and mapping), and data warehouse architecture, design and implementation.
- Applicable knowledge of the tools and technologies used by the team – Informatica, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, Shell scripting, SharePoint, JIRA, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile methodology and applied Scrum principles with knowledge of Agile approaches (XP, Kanban)
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, onshore vs. offshore, co-located vs. distributed).
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, backlog grooming, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Requires 10 years minimum professional experience
Experience working on Banking or Financial Services environments;
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Data Hub (Big Data) implementation experience
- Bachelor's Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.