Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
WBNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions..
About Businessline/Function :
Within CIB ITO [Information Technology and Operations], the UK OPC [Operational Permanent Control] team is composed of 12 members, based both in the UK and in India, and reporting into BNP Paribas London Branch Management. Its role is to support various businesses (Global Banking [GB], Asset Liability Management and Treasury [ALMT], Financial Institutions Coverage [FIC], Correspondent Banking [CBK]) and transversal departments (Due Diligence, Client Services, Sourcing, Outsourcing, Data Management, etc) in managing their operational risk.
UK OPC_ISPL_Manager / AVP GB risk officer
ISPL Conduct & Controls
Business Line / Function:
CIB ITO - Operations
The Head of OPC – Financial Security and Transversal (Mumbai)
Manager / AVP risk officer
The Head of UK OPC (London)
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Within the UK OPC team, the senior GB risk officer role is responsible for putting into operation the Operational risk management setup for UK Global Banking Front to Operations. Its role aims at supporting UK Global Banking to identify, assess, report, monitor and mitigate its operational risk, in collaboration with other specialised independent control functions (RISK, Compliance, etc), and in compliance with internal procedures and standards, as well as with regulatory requirements.
The senior GB risk officer primarily focuses on UK Global Banking activities such as:
- Transaction Banking (Cash Management, Trade Finance, Loans)
- Capital Markets (Bonds, Debt Markets, Equity Capital Markets, etc)
- Corporate Clients Group (Corporate Coverage, Mergers and Acquisition, etc)
The senior GB risk officer may also cover other activities such CBK (Correspondent Banking) and FIC (Financial Institutions Coverage).
- Controls and actions plan
- Assess the applicability of GB EMEA Generic Front-to-Operations control plans, and regularly update the UK GB’s control plan;
- Define controls to meet regulatory expectations when needed;
- Perform controls and/or coordinate controls execution according to these control plans;
- Identify and assess risks revealed by controls results;
- Report controls results and related risks to the UK GB Management, and to any other relevant stakeholders (Control functions, Central GB EMEA Management, etc.);
- Ensure that remediation action plans are defined when needed;
- Input in Group or GB EMEA tools the control results and major action plans;
- Follow-up the implementation of remediation actions.
- Identification and assessment of risks and controls (Risk and Control Self-Assessment)
- Support the maintenance of the RCSA.
- Management of historical incidents
- Alert UK or Central teams on key incidents (in particular those identified during control execution);
- Collect data and documentation related to incidents, investigate and report and/or update in RISK 360;
- Analyse incidents in a timely manner and define, jointly with the relevant stakeholders, the corrective measures to be implemented to mitigate risks;
- Follow-up and/or initiate the implementation of remediation actions.
- Other operational risk management missions
- Support the UK OPC team in any other operational risk topics such as the preparation of Committee slides, the follow-up on audit recommendations, the maintenance of the procedural framework, the design and roll-out of trainings, etc.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of Global Banking activities (Transaction Banking, Capital Markets and/or Corporate Client Group).
Additional relevant competencies:
- Experience of Operational Risk through previous roles/experience in 1/2/3 LOD;
- Proven experience of identifying issues in processes and controls, and subsequently assessing, reporting, mitigating and monitoring them;
- Ability to use Excel and Powerpoint proficiently.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
A curious mindset and a critical thinking are key to be successful in this role.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop others & improve their skills
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years / At Least 12 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)