Manager/AVP – Learning & Development
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
BNPPISPL - Infinity
Business Line / Function:
VP & Head of L&D
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
· Supporting the VP – L&D, this role will be responsible for the development and co-ordination of the organization’s Learning and Development (L&D) strategy.
· The key duties will include the source and design of appropriate training and development initiatives necessary to meet current and future business objectives for the Business Plan.
· The candidate will embed a learning and development approach to support the evolution of the business-lines through an efficient and effective service.
· This approach will adopt best practices and utilize internal and external networks.
1. Responding to the constant demand for technical learning input to the business-lines in the areas of managing performance and developing individual careers.
2. Working with business leaders and managers to identify training needs in the technical area
3. Assess current learning and development arrangements and influence development activities within the business-lines to compliment the learning and development strategy of the organization.
4. Support the learning and development vision ensuring alignment.
5. Support the leadership development, and change management agenda of the organization, specifically promoting new ways.
6. Design and deliver development interventions as appropriate.
7. Management and reporting of the training budget.
8. Provide regular management information regarding learning and development that fully informs the activities carried out within the business-lines.
9. Work in partnership with the L&D Team to effectively deliver, cost efficient training and learning initiatives to maximize employee potential.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Strong communication
· Team player
· Ability to deliver within timelines.
· Project Management
· Knowledge of technical and digital skills required in the context of our organization and staying updated with current trends
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Relevant Technical training certifications, knowledge
· Awareness of employee learning cycles and organization nuances
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required): NA