About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
The OPC is a key component of the first line of defence3 as regards the management of operational risks and permanent controls under the authority of the Head of the Entity.
The OPC operates and/or coordinates the entity’s Operational and Permanent Control framework related to all operational risks front-to-back and end-to-end , including Fraud, Third Party, Conduct, Compliance, Regulatory, ICT risks, and others risks types in collaboration with other specialized independent control functions and in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines issued by independent control functions as well as with external regulatory and supervisory requirements
Sr. Associate / Asst. Manager
Business Line / Function:
Functions OPC head
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Identification and assessment of risks and controls (Risk and Control Self- Assessment – RCSA)
- Perform Risk mapping / Control self-assessment (RCSA) for all the Support Functions of the entity
- Design and implement control framework for the Risks identified for the support Functions of the entity.
- Identify control gaps and propose solutions and ensure control gaps are adequately addressed
- Implement control testing program
- Identify system/ control deficiencies and propose solution to strengthen the control environment
- Review to ensure Level 1 Controls are being performed.
- Perform OPC controls and ensure fully Audit trail is available
- Preparation of various Risk Committee packs
- Follow up on the implementation of Inspection Generale (Internal Audit) recommendations / findings
- Review operational risks at regular intervals
- Report incidents as per the BNP Paribas Incident reporting policy
- Contribute to BNP Paribas Operational Permanent Control framework
· Overall responsibility for the Risk and Control function for the assigned Support Function
· Designing and implementing and revisiting the control framework at regular interval to ensure the Risk is rightly addressed and controls modified as required
· Ensuring all key risk are reported to Senior management
· Ensuring all control deviations reported to Senior management and Control Results updated accurately with all the deviations
· Ensuring a complete audit trail is available of the control performed
· Follow up on the implementation of Inspection Generale (Internal Audit) recommendations / findings
· Ensuring accurate reporting for all Risk Committee meetings at ISPL
· Supporting the Risk ORC and the IG team as and when required
· Train junior staff members as and when required
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Understanding and hands on experience in Audit/Risk function in a large Banking / Financial institution
- Strong control mind set
- Ability to work with teams , influence and co-ordinate
- Good presentation skills
- Strong in MS office
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple parties, in order to achieve key milestones within stipulated time.
- Having experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Attention to detail / rigor
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)