Manager/ Assistant Manager, Business Continuity Management
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The incumbent will plan and maintain operational readiness of Hong Kong BNP Paribas readiness in ensuring business continuity during unforeseen events.
Business Continuity Management team engages with all levels from front to back office in ensuring operational stability without compromising on controls across different business lines.
BCP development strategy
• Assist in the maintenance of business continuity governance via all channels.
• Apply BNPP group standards as well as specific local regulations for BCP development and implementation.
• Work with business units in performing business impact analysis; identify user requirements, specification, functional procedures related to BCP development.
• Co-ordinate with business units in developing necessary BCP plan and documentations.
• Liaise with IT, Facilities, Premises in maintaining BCP related tasks
• Manage the BC Tests and Drills for HK group users ‐ classic, split teams, DR, GTMPC, ARCC, Call Tree, etc. and to provide necessary support to regional users on cross border recovery issues.
Implementation of BC projects
• Handle and implement BC projects, e.g. MobiBCP, Everbridge, Flexi‐working, Fax to Email, etc.
• Maintain high level of BC capabilities for HK with documented planned and executed drills.
• Refresh and adapt WADI scenario to be in-line with Business evolutions
• Perform ad-hoc BCP related projects or tool deployment and/or support for business lines.
• Interact and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholder at all levels.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• Good inter-personal & communication skills, analytical mind-set & self-motivated
• Independent with good teamwork spirit, outgoing and proactive
• Good in written English, report writing & presentation, and fluent in spoken English, Cantonese and in Mandarin (added advantage).
• Good IT knowledge and proficiency in MS-EXCEL, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Specific Qualifications Required
University graduate with at least 3-5 years of working in banking / financial institution, with relevant experiences in business continuity management (BCM) area or related business lines.
Certification in BCP area will be an advantage, such CBCP etc