• APS BP2S Manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The APS Global Functions team consists of various Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) disciplines including and not limited to: Incident, Problem, Change, Risk Management as well as Service Transition and IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM).
This role will require the individual to perform a critical function by being fully accountable and responsible for the IT Major Incident Management function across all BP2S applications. The position being advertised is to be the single point of contact for the regional centre for the IT Major Incident Management disciple and interfacing with two other geographical regional centres to provide a true follow the sun coverage for all IT incidents.
This role requires good communication skills and the ability to build relationships with the various teams across IT. To be able to build a high level understanding of the functions the various IT teams perform. All ITIL disciplines should be performed in line with the pre-defined processes with strong governance, highlighting risks from any area effectively and succinctly to management.
The individual will be required to have a clear and strong understanding of the ITIL incident management process and have hands on experience with major incident and/or crisis management processes. There will be requirements to demonstrate pro-activeness and ensure ownership and accountability of IT incidents within the organisation. The individual will be interfacing with senior members of the organisation and will therefore be required to deliver precise and concise messages in a timely fashion. The individual needs to be approachable and responsible for handling all reported issues, managing the issues through to resolution as swiftly as possible. Forging good working relationships with the existing geographical service delivery teams will be of high importance for success in this role. Ability to stay calm under pressure is absolutely essential for this role.
• Ensure incidents are managed efficiently, economically and effectively by following procedures and processes currently in place
• Act as an escalation point of contact for incidents which are not resolved within the agreed service levels
• Managing crisis situations through to resolution with clear verbal and written communications
• Perform an unbiased role across all teams, managing communications between teams and making impartial decisions
• Develop good working relationships with various local and global teams
• Liaison with all user communities to meet support and service requirements
• Share knowledge and experience with other team members and the wider IT department as appropriate.
• Hold process awareness sessions to increase the team’s visibility and position within the organisation
• Conduct service improvement meetings with various geographical user base locations
• Adhere to and respect appropriate departmental procedures processes and practices
Key internal stakeholders:
• BP2S IT Management
• Geographically dispersed BP2S operational teams
• BP2S Global IT Management
• Regional centres based in Chennai, Lisbon and Montreal
Key external key stakeholders:
• Multiple External Clients
• Client IT contacts
• External Vendors
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Competencies required for the role:
• Solid and demonstrable experience within an major incident management discipline, preferably within the financial industry
• Clear aptitude for service delivery excellence and producing quality results
• Customer focused approach to work
• Ability to adapt and remain calm under pressure
• Strong decision making ability
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Focused on innovation and continuous improvement
• A quick learner
• A team player
Qualifications required for the role:
• ITIL Foundation, ITIL Service Operation are mandatory
• Knowledge of a wide range of ITIL based processes
• ITIL Expert is preferred
• Certified Agile Service Manager
• Experience in working for a financial institution
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Good organizational skills
• Basic office software literacy (Microsoft Office, etc.)
• Professional attitude and good interpersonal behavior
• Autonomy and adaptability; must be able to take initiative and be proactive
• Global financial products knowledge, a plus
• Project management skills, a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.