Machine learning specialist
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Change & Solution is an integrated and agile structure to facilitate the delivery of change solutions across the BNPP platform, with deep interconnectivity across businesses and functions in order to support the execution of priority initiative combining, from strategic consulting to execution.
The Analytics Lab falls under the Change & Solutions and is responsible for the industrialization of data driven and AI opportunities for the Americas region. The Analytics Lab supports the platform to innovate and implement ideas that positively influence how we operate and challenge the status quo of the organization. It is a center of expertise that supports CIB Americas in order to maximize their understanding of customers, products, services and operations and to drive data-based opportunities identification, innovation and product design.
The Machine learning specialist will be part of the core data science team and will support the head of lab in analyzing business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach. This position will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve client experience, marketing strategy, platform efficiency and employee experience:
• Highlight opportunities in BNPP Americas’ data to generate new market opportunities as well as an enhanced client experience through the application of deep analytical solutions.
• Apply advanced statistical models to perform patterns identification, and add predictive analysis to enhance its insights on large and complex datasets.
• Develop mathematical models using methodologies such as time series forecasting, clustering methods, dimensionality reduction, neural networks and deep learning framework for image recognition or natural language processing.
• Provide knowledge on technology and business trends advising on potential benefits and impacts through conferences (NIPS, ..) and research.
• Explore data valuation opportunities through the delivery of enhanced/predictive analytics and the design / development of data-driven products.
• Partner with IT initiatives and provide input and enhancement recommendations where appropriate. (Storage, GPU, ..)
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Optimization, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative related field
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in including deep expertise and experience with statistical data analysis
• Proven ability to use mathematical techniques to draw inferences and solve business issues. Strong technical experience and applied knowledge of traditional machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks
• Expertise in some of the major programming languages (Python, C/C++, C#, Java, Scala..), statistical software (R, Pandas, ..) and data wrangling tools (SQL)
• Experience with source control and release management (Git)
• Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency to interact professionally in English and French
• Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to go beyond existing frameworks by suggesting new ideas which are suitable for clients and/or the organization
• PhD degree and research experience in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, ..)
• DNN experience with natural language processing and feature engineering (CNN, RNN, Word vectors)
• Experience with big data framework and GPU computing
• Agile to quickly adapt to new situations and conduct projects in a fluid work environment
• Web development experience (Html / CSS, Flask - RESTful, ..) is a plus
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.