M&A AND CAPITAL MARKETS - TRAINEE ANALYST
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 6,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Group’s M&A teams pitch and execute M&A transactions in several industries across EMEA. Lisbon team supports teams based in Paris, London, Madrid, Frankfurt and Milan in all the origination efforts.
The Group’s CAPITAL MARKETS teams pitch, structure and execute loan and bond financings, as well as Equity Capital Markets transactions, to large and midcap corporates. Analysts and Associates in the Origination & Execution Group support all the financing activities. Lisbon team is part of the Origination & Execution Group and works closely with our Analysts across EMEA.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will provide support to clients across all territories EMEA, through M&A or CAPITAL MARKETS teams based in Lisbon:
· Opportunity Research Expertise (research and analysis of potential transaction opportunities)
· Client Presentations support (preparation of client pitching, teasers and other marketing materials related to the transaction)
· Strategic and financial analysis on sectors or companies
· Valuation models (comparable trading and transaction multiples, DCF…)
· Data Base Management Support: Produce & maintain a database of certain standard presentation materials
o Maintain Sector Vertical Comparable
o Maintain a Transactions (bond…) database capturing all relevant details of recent deals
o Assisting in the Preparation of market updates
o Compile league tables and credentials by sector, country, deal type
o Prepare Case studies of completed transactions
- Strong academic background, preferably a Master’s Degree in Finance, Management or Economics
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate tenacity and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail, adherence to the highest quality standards
- Team player
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Available for a training period abroad
- Available for an internship from 9 to 12 months
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.