BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
As part of Corporate Clients Group (CCG), Advisory UK team is responsible for bringing to our clients strategic solutions on mergers and acquisitions. With focus on UK clients and combining expertise across 4 major sector groups such as Consumer, Retail, Healthcare (CRH), Energy, Natural resources, Infrastructure, Transportation (ENRIT), Industrials and TMT, the team is working on cross border, international buy-side and sell-side transactions.
We are one of the major European players in M&A, and the undisputed leader in France, with a solid franchise in Asia, teams in New York covering North and Latin America and a growing presence in the Middle-East, Turkey and South Africa.
In July 2016, one month post the UK’s Brexit referendum, BNP Paribas’ group board approved the UK & Ireland expansion plan. As part of this plan, several key strategic hires have been made to support the growth. Our new head of Advisory UK joined in August 2019 to further enhance the strategic dialogue we have with UK clients, and drive cross-border M&A flow.
Additionally, in August 2018 a new Corporate Broking team was established. The Corporate Broking team works closely with Advisory UK and will position BNP Paribas as a trusted adviser to the senior management of UK FTSE 100 and 250 companies, and increase BNP Paribas’ market share in the UK equity-related transactions.
As an Associate in Advisory UK you will be contributing to the entire M&A process, from marketing through to execution. You can expect exposure to a wide range of clients and projects, developing your knowledge through your day-to-day work as well as via specific training. You will also be supporting on cross-border transactions. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Performing accurate financial analysis and valuations by developing quantitative models (Discounted Cash Flows, Multiples, Mergers and LBO)
- Performing background industry and company research, synthesising information from diverse sources
- Preparing presentations and information within the origination and execution framework for M&A and or Equity Capital Market transactions
- Helping origination and execution of M&A and capital markets transactions
- Actively participating in the transaction process, making sure it meets our deadlines and our quality standards.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Master degree in Finance
- Proven M&A experience as an Associate gained at a top tier investment bank
- Demonstrable track record of cross border M&A transactions (both buy-side and sell-side)
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Demonstrable modelling and valuation experience – including, integrated statements models, comparable companies, comparable transactions, DCF, LBO models
- Analytical mind-set and commercial knowledge of capital markets
- Fluent English; additional languages are a plus.
- Good presentation & communication skills - Demonstrate tenacity and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail, adherence to the highest quality standards
- Team Player
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.
Opening Date: 01/11/2019
Closing Date: 29/11/2019