WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Within Global Markets, the Sustainable Capital Markets team acts as product expert and centre of competence for green and social bonds, as well as sustainable bonds at large.
Green and Social Bonds are funding instruments, in the form of public bonds, Schuldschein, EuroPP, USPP or private placements, specifically linked to projects which offer verifiable environmental and/or social benefits. (examples of such projects include renewable energy, energy efficiency, green transport, waste management and social housing).
Sustainable Bonds is a fast growing area of the capital market and is a significant focus for our management, who have identified sustainability as a key driver of the business of CIB.
As product specialists, the team works with in conjunction with fixed income colleagues around the world to originate “sustainable” bond mandates. Hence, the team has great exposure not only internally, but is also involved in strategic discussions related to sustainability with all BNPP CIB clients (Corporates, Sovereigns, Supranationals, Financial Institutions, etc…)
We are looking to recruit a long term intern, who would support the team in fulfilling its principal responsibilities, which are:
Analysis of clients’ sustainability strategy
· Client presentations and pitches
· Advise on and oversee transaction execution
· Internal awareness raising, including on latest market and regulatory developments
· Participation in conferences and industry and market working groups on specific topics relating to climate change and other social challenges
· Mapping of the issuer and investor bases to identify candidates for issuance
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION:
· Assist in the preparation and updating of pitch material
· identifying opportunities through review of appropriate sources (company CSR reports; responsible indices; environmental press and publications; screen services such as Bloomberg)
· transaction analysis, and database maintenance
· assisting with transaction preparation, launch and execution
· assisting with roadshow arrangements
· Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
· Capability to manage high volume databases, including strong Excel skills
- Attention to details
· Effective communicator
· Multi tasker
· Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
· Experience in Banking is strongly preferred
· Language skills: English (fluency required), Foreign language (strongly recommended, French German or Italian are a plus)
· 6-months availability
· An interest in and familiarity with concepts of sustainability
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues