London - Long Term Internship 2020 - Risk Global Markets Transversal Data & Contorls
London – Risk Global Markets – Market Risk Transversal Data & Controls
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer an exciting start to your career.
Market Risk Transversal (“MRT”) – within RISK Global Markets – complements the market risk operational streams of the Market Risk department. By developing and ultimately mobilising subject matter expertise on a variety of technically challenging topics, we facilitate Market Risk’s contribution to critical bank-wide initiatives that helps shaping the Bank’s ongoing and future adaptation to the fast changing global financial landscape. Examples of such projects would be regulation concerning the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book by the Basel Committee, development of enhanced tools to analyse and attribute trading revenue to market trends, formalisation of our market risk data framework as relying on BCBS 239.
We also need to master the art of transversal risk understanding practically achieved through a team built upon a foundation of experts drawn from Risk Global Market’s pool of talent selected during the formation of the transversal team. Newcomers to the team stand to steepen their learning curve at a challenging pace by working with practitioners from across a diverse range of disciplines and backgrounds in order to master the discipline of market risk management with a uniquely entrepreneurial and transversal point of view.
We cover products in Equities, Commodities, Interest Rate, Foreign Exchange, Emerging Markets and Credit trading desks. We also leverage off our efforts to support our partners in RISK covering financing and counterparty risk hedging desks (i.e. XVA).
We are looking to recruit individuals who are technically competent to embrace the depth of products encountered in the capital markets today from a technical market risk analysis perspective, who champion diversity with open mind-set, who are receptive to change and comfortable to fit into a fast pace working environment, who are motivated to learn and who are sufficiently self-driven to achieve their goals.
WHAT THIS INTERNSHIP REPRESENTS FOR YOU
- A truly diversified role where you can interact and learn about the challenges faced by the Market Risk department.
- A chance to expend your network within BNP Paribas London and worldwide Market Risk from APAC to Europe and Americas.
- The opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the Bank’s products and activities (Capital Markets, Financing activities,..), both from a conceptual and from a practical viewpoint.
- The opportunity to concretely apply academic principles related to option theory or data analysis & science.
- With support from relevant senior valuation risk analysts, review and implement new methodologies of Reserves and PVA.
- As first successes are delivered, participate to projects on Reserve Calibration Methodology Transformation.
- Automate and industrialise the analysis of data quality indicators used in ad-hoc market risk processes.
- Participate to the optimisation of the timeliness delivery of data.
- Take ownership of the second or third phase of development of a key industrialised tool owned by RISK GM MRT.
- Participate to the development of the strategic algorithm to determine the modellability of Risk Factors (FRTB NMRF).
- Contribute to ad-hoc analysis on the tactical implementation of the Instrument to Risk Factor mapping (FRTB NMRF)
- Highlight to the senior risk analysts any delay in the plan
- Proficient written & oral communication
- Maths skills obtained through relevant studies,
- Knowledge of financial markets,
- Motivation to proactively work as part of a team,
- Curious and highly motivated to learn
- Problem solving and ability to offer different perspectives.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline;
- Proficiency with Excel, VBA, Word, and an interest in developing practical solutions to a data analysis problems by using more advanced solutions (R/Python);
- Engineering mathematics level or higher (calculus, Taylor’s theorem) is essential;
- Some familiarity with financial products would be a definite advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and will be preferred;
- Exposure to banking regulation issues would be definite advantage but not a requirement for candidates.
Closing Date: 7th March 2020