WHO WE ARE
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 200,000 people across 80 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The over job purpose will see the candidate will support senior CEEMEA DCM marketers.
- Support senior marketers in their transaction origination efforts
- Provide active and adequate support during transaction execution
- Develop financing solutions, draft information memorandums, roadshow presentations and manage datarooms as needed
- Undertake a lead marketer role with the second tier clients
- Show appreciation for and understanding of the developing financial regulation and how it affects the business
- Show natural affinity with EM client base with relevant CEEMEA languages strongly preferred
- Excellent academics are essential, applicants must be degree educated from a leading university
- Previous experience preparing pitching materials, market analytics, credit analysis, cash flow models strongly preferred
- Articulate in presenting
- Ability to work both as an individual as well as part of the broader team
- Accurate and diligent
- High work ethics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Drive for Results - Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented timely and efficiently
- Risk Awareness - Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Corporate role model, integrity & ethics - Acts with discipline and high ethical standards placing the interests of the Bank ahead of personal agenda
- Team Player - Works effectively in a team, Collaborating and sharing information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and stakeholders
- Client Focus - Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers
- Market, Products & Business - Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Possesses a sufficient level of analytical knowledge with strong credit skills
- A good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends in the context of global economy and Emerging Markets in particular.
- Business Risks - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal and reputational risks of his/her activity. Evidenced as a good sense of risk/return analysis for business areas covered
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL SKILLS
- Diligence - Displays dedication, shows attention to detail and quickly separates relevant from irrelevant information
- Resilience - Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure)
- Communication - Is an active listener and communicates clearly in both native (if appropriate) and English languages
- Innovation - Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and displays an ability to think outside the box
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: April 2019
Primary Location: GB-LondonJob Type: Long Term InternshipJob: Other