Who we are
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile to report, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
SIGMA (Systems InteGrated Methods and Analysics) is the quantitative modelling team with overall responsibility for market and counterparty credit risk models within BNP Paribas. The team sits within Enterprise Risk Architecture (ERA), which is part of the RISK Function of the group. SIGMA is organized in four streams, each responsible for a given asset class (Interest Rate / FX, Credit / Repo, Equity / Commodity) and transversal aspects of risk methodologies (Cross-Product). The team is present in several locations: London, Paris, Lisbon, Brussels and New York.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- A diverse and dynamic team, working in SIGMA you should expect
- to learn from experienced quantitative risk professionals within a large team with a flat hierarchical structure
- to gain experience in quantitative finance modelling and derivative pricing models, including for quantification of market and counterparty risk
- to have exposure to different asset classes: interest rates, inflation, foreign exchange, equity, commodities, credit and repos
- to develop skills in the design and implementation of quantitative models using various programming languages such as C# and Python
- to gain awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements for banks, both current and upcoming such as FRTB (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book)
- to engage within the bank’s Corporate and Social Responsibilities, volunteering and other social network initiatives
- Strong academic background with a degree in a quantitative discipline such as (but not limited to) mathematics, physics, engineering, or quantitative finance
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player
- Fluent in English
- Responsive and reactive.
RISK is a good place to work because of the breadth of opportunities. With over 5000 employees worldwide and reflecting the overall BNPP group culture, RISK benefits from and encourages a diverse staff base with many different nationalities, cultures, levels of experience and academic backgrounds.
Our staff well-being is an integral part of the “people care” values within our group and this is reflected in our award-winning flexible benefits package, flexible working environment and general support for people’s health and well-being.
The culture fosters career longevity and internal mobility, while equally supporting new graduates and talents. Due to the varied mix of experience, fresh talents benefit from learning from long standing staff who are always happy to share and teach their extensive experience and wide breadth of knowledge. Highly comprehensive internal training courses and programmes targeted at developing talents at all levels complement the training on the job.
RISK employees also connect through strong employee networks (Multicultural, LGBT, Gender Balance, Disability, Diversity and Inclusion, Early Career, Parents and Carers), social committees, sports and mentorships.
Opening Date: 5th September
Closing Date: 10th December