Who we are
The bank for a changing world. BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history. Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
RISK Global Markets ("RISK GM") is responsible for the monitoring of market, liquidity and counterparty risks of the BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) perimeter. RISK GM helps the Group senior management, the RISK Function and Global Markets to make the best choices by anticipating on events and finding the right balance between profitability and long term protection of the Bank. RISK GM is organised into 3 streams (Market Risk, Counterparty and Financing Risk, Transaction and Electronic Trading), present in 14 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Americas.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Working in RISK Global Markets you should expect:
- To proactively identify, analyse and review market and counterparty risk exposures
- To actively contribute to the definition of official market and counterparty risk policies
- To acquire a solid understanding of a wide range of complex transactions across all types of asset classes (Credit, Interest rate, FX, Repo, Equity, Commodity)
- To contribute to the valuation process and the valuation risk monitoring
- To gain awareness and participate in the Bank’s transversal strategic projects
Technical skills and qualification required for the role
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in technical discipline such as Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools, and an interest in developing practical solutions to data analysis problems by using more advanced solutions (R/Python)
- Some familiarity with financial products is an advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and is preferred
- Exposure to banking regulation issues is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Proficient written & oral communication
- Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team,
- Curiosity and ability to learn quickly and being results driven
- Capacity for critical thinking & express good judgement and a sense of responsibility
- High degree of work ethics and exemplary conduct
RISK is a good place to work because of the breadth of opportunities. With over 5000 employees worldwide and reflecting the overall BNPP group culture, RISK benefits from and encourages a diverse staff base with many different nationalities, cultures, levels of experience and academic backgrounds.
Our staff well-being is an integral part of the “people care” values within our group and this is reflected in our award-winning flexible benefits package, flexible working environment and general support for people’s health and well-being.
The culture fosters career longevity and internal mobility, while equally supporting new graduates and talents. Due to the varied mix of experience, fresh talents benefit from learning from long standing staff who are always happy to share and teach their extensive experience and wide breadth of knowledge. Highly comprehensive internal training courses and programmes targeted at developing talents at all levels complement the training on the job.
RISK employees also connect through strong employee networks (Multicultural, LGBT, Gender Balance, Disability, Diversity and Inclusion, Early Career, Parents and Carers), social committees, sports and mentorships.
Opening Date: 3rd September
Closing Date: 10th December